Skip to main content

810 fender panels, radio vibrator, bumper mount color

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
24 May 2012 17:03 #22924 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Boot/bellows
Hi,

McMaster-Carr has a snoot-full of boots/bellows. Choose what you need.

www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-bellows/=hobvfg

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
24 May 2012 02:17 #22923 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Vac cylinder boot
Talking to a friend he said that he used the boot that came from a rack and pinion steering for a car. He couldn't remember what car. If you go to a friendly Auto Parts Store they should have a catalog which will list the boot sizes allowing you to find one with the right dimensions. My shaft measured 5/8" (0.625") and the cylinder cover was 1-1/8" (1.125"). You might what to check your sizes.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
22 May 2012 19:48 #22917 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Vac. cylinder bellows
In the past we used a Ford item part # C 6OZ-3C651-A Rubber. Ford doesn't list this now but you might find old stock by checkibg with dealers.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
22 May 2012 12:16 #22915 by Josh Malks
1. Body color

2. Get a solid state vibrator from Antique Automobile Radio, Inc. You'll have to call them for their number. [url:ig87h5yx]http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/vibratorsF.htm[/url:ig87h5yx]

3. Body color. The only colors on the exterior of a Cord 810/812 are body color and chrome.

4. Can't help with his one.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• stroker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 May 2012 01:24 #22910 by stroker
Gents- 2241H is still abuilding, and I have further questions for the experts.

1. What color in the wheel well of the lower front fender mount panels- undercoat black or the body color (I think the undercoat color).

2. Radio vibrator- the "reeds'' which vibrate are fused- do I "shock" them with a new battery (maybe 100 amps), or do I take the vibrator apart and hand separate the reeds, or do I create a solid state substitute and remove the original? Does anyone know the sound sensitivity difference (mellow or sharp between analog and solid state methodologies, etc.) Does anyone care?

3. What color should the front bumper mounts be (the rectangular cast blocks). Body color or black?

4. Anyone know a source for the rubber bellows for the transmission shift cylinder? Any reasonable substitution -industrial or from other cars?

pete rhoads, restoring 810 phaeton 2241 H