Skip to main content

Reproduction Cylinderhead Cord 810/812

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
16 May 2012 21:04 #22873 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic cylinder heads
You are welcome.
The heads have more water capacity and look just like the originals. You will need longer head bolts. His instructions sheet states that when you install the left head you have to put two bolts in before you set the head on the block as the steering column is in the way. In addition, I had a problem with my steering column which you may have too. I couldn't get the head on so had to unbolt the steering column from the dash to get it on. His instruction don't mention it but I had trouble with the upper left bolt for the left cylinder head as my left exhaust manifold was in the way. Next time I'll put that bolt in before I put the head on.

Additional comments: Use a thread chaser on all the head bolt holes in the block. Make sure they are nice and clean. If you use head gaskets with a copper side make sure the copper side is against the block. I put hardening Permatex on the end of the bolts when I put them in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oldbanger71
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2012 17:42 #22871 by oldbanger71
Replied by oldbanger71 on topic Reproduction Cylinderhead Cord 810/812
hi Tom, thank you very much for your quick replay, i will contact him this eavening. best regards Philipp

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
16 May 2012 17:14 #22870 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Cylinder heads
Contact Jim Higman, a Club member, who lives in Utah. He has beautiful heads which he sells for $1,800. I have a set on my Cord and they are great. You can reach him at 435-640-1205. He is listed in the ACD Directory under Late Additions if you want his mailing address.

• oldbanger71
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2012 09:25 #22869 by oldbanger71
Reproduction Cylinderhead Cord 810/812 was created by oldbanger71
Hi folks, i was looking for the manufacturer of the revised new cylinderheads for Cord 810/812, but couldn't find it, is he still selling them ? in case someone knows his contact-details with e-mail if possible, please let me know. CORDially Philipp

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S