Skip to main content

front and rear bumpers

• rock
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 May 2012 18:45 #22864 by rock
Replied by rock on topic bumpers
Thank you fellow Cord owners for your information i appreciate the feedback Sincerely Rock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 May 2012 18:19 #22863 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic front and rear bumpers
My 37 beverly was off the roads in around 1950 or 51. The bumperetts are up both front and back bumper and looks to have been that way from the begining. I personally like them up on both ends of the cars. I also feel without them the appearance of the cars has a more streamlined look to them... Just my simple oppinion here.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
15 May 2012 12:56 #22852 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Bumperettes
Hi Rick,

You have opened the never-tightly-closed door of Cord lore. This question has been debated ever since the first 810 rolled out the door.

Some photos show the bumperettes up, some show them down. Some "original" Cords have them up, some down. Some Cords do not appear ever even to had them at all. The factory accessory catalog says you can buy extras if you wish, and some owners did that: placing one up, one down in pairs.

My non-scholarly and indefensible opinion is that the direction of the bumperettes was determined by the guy installing them and his foreman on any given day.

Enjoy the comments that will certainly appear in this thread!

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• oldbanger71
  • Registered
More
15 May 2012 12:14 #22849 by oldbanger71
Replied by oldbanger71 on topic front and rear bumpers
Hi Rock, most say front up, rear up, some say front up, rear down and some don't have any at all, some also have different style of Overriders fitted. As much, as i know, this question was never completely answered and one can look at original pic's as much as he wants, it's alway's up to you. One of the judges might be better qualified to answer, if points are deducted or not .... please do. Cordially Philipp

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S

• rock
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 May 2012 01:50 #22845 by rock
front and rear bumpers was created by rock
Hi can any one tell what direction the front and rear bumpers should be up or down i have a 1936 Cord Conv thank you regards Rock