Skip to main content

Judgeing Bodywork

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2012 20:10 #22446 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Bodywork
It does not matter what you use to fill surface imprefections - no one will ever know, but you do need to prepare it all properly. 25 - 30 years later there will be no difference between lead and plastic - they will both be showing their problems. What I would be focussing on is handworking the metal so that you have the minimum of either lead or plastic. And, prior to this if you are welding in metal make sure you have welds that cannot be found (ie. work both sides of the weld). Obviously, if you throw a large glob of lead or plastic into a hole in your inner or outer rocker you are cheating yourself on the salabilty of your car down the road.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2012 18:10 #22444 by 1748 S
Judgeing Bodywork was created by 1748 S
My question is about bodywork used to repair these Cords. I know only lead was used as they came off the factory assembly lines but is other types of bodywork accepted. I'm not a fan of Bondo or other plastic types of work but have been wondering if this is a judged item or is it just overlooked like turn signal blinkers and seatbelts are overlooked because of safety... I'm not atempting to "bring my car back" to the way it came off the assembly line but would be interested in knowing the differance in this....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.