Skip to main content

1936 Cord 810 Phaeton 2037H engine FB 1308 C91-125

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
21 Mar 2012 18:45 #22488 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Wiper hose
Jim,

you are right, the hose goes up the left post of a sedan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
21 Mar 2012 00:48 #22480 by
If I remember right you also have the vacuum line for the windshield wipers going up the left post in a sedan.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
19 Mar 2012 03:31 #22454 by Josh Malks
Nope, Balin is right. In a Cord sedan the speaker cord (a braid-covered cable with 4 wires in it) goes up the left windshield pillar.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Curtis Bartell
  • Registered
More
19 Mar 2012 01:10 #22452 by Curtis Bartell
Replied by Curtis Bartell on topic 1936 Cord 810 Phaeton 2037H engine FB 1308 C91-125
Hey Balin,
Didn't the speaker wire route down the center post of the windsheild?
Curt

"I've cut it twice and it's still too short."

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2012 18:13 #22445 by balinwire
The spots were in the original accessory catalog and used on many cars of the period. Small detail is the tags on the spots, I like them and they are very useful but I do not like seeing fifties aftermarket ones used. My concern drilling the window post is there is a speaker loom inside it and there is very little space for the lamp control shaft. Is your speaker wire still intact inside your column?

The outside pipes were not the first thing I noticed on the 30's Cord but if there is ever a conversation about the car with the uninitiated they always say, "You mean the kind of car with the big outside chrome pipes?". I say yes and wonder why they did not say "coffin nose" or mention the streamline design. The pipes are more of a distraction but meant to be impressive. They certainly would decrease back pressure and efficiency. The blower system is a thing to behold but I never could understand the dummy pipes on the pray Cord and the many normally aspirated models sporting this exhaust theme but it is a selling point. Possibly with new knowledge and respect for the original this practice should be discouraged, especially on the thirty six model year cars.

As far as the lighter jewel I prefer ruby red as it mimics the high beam light color but they were seen in every color in the rainbow, Cadillac, Pierce Arrow, and Chevy seemed to prefer the greens and yellow's they are all wonderful to see glowing. Maybe some of the red ones could have faded to yellowish shade.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2012 17:37 #22442 by 1748 S
I feel about the same as Josh about "customizing these fine automobles. Would anyone paint a mostashe on a Mona Lisa works of art..... A buyer will pay whatever it takes to get what they want. Now if the buyer has not done any proper research and later on finds out the fine car they bought is far from "correct" at a judged meet... Well I'm sure the look on the faces is going to be priceless.
I have asked many questions on this forum about what is correct because I want whats off the assembly line correct. I asked if my 37 Cord beverly sedan came off the line with a spotlite because I have the cutout inside the drivers side c post. I also wanted to know what makes would have been used... So far over 130 members have "looked at but not answered" my question. I also asked what factory color was the cats eye cigarettte lighter eye. Nothing definate on that yet either.... But some answers have been given and I tank you for that too. Waiting for answers is worse that a child waiting to open presents under the Christmas tree....

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2012 15:57 #22440 by Josh Malks
It is all too easy to add the outside pipes to an originally unblown car. IMHO, this amounts to no less than "customization". In effect, it is no different than swapping bumpers or headlights on another make, just because you like the look better. Our chief judge tells me that such cars are punished in judging. The only way the practice will stop is if they are punished by the marketplace as well.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• rock
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2012 15:09 #22439 by rock
This car sold at Amelia Island RM auction catalog listed it as numbers matching factory car and it had a supercharger and side pipes it is my understaning that the side pipes and supercharger were not a factory item until 1937 812s were made can some one please give some input to this question thank you Rock i believe the car sold for about 95.000 at no reserve