Skip to main content

Maroon Ignition Wires Cord 810 - 812

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
02 Mar 2012 02:32 #22342 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Maroon Ignition Wires Cord 810 - 812
John, if you can get a project going I have 7 (seven) customers in line already. And that's just the ones I know!

The photo that accompanied Stan's article was supplied by me. It's a piece given to me by Everett Kuhn, taken from the 4,500 mile phaeton he owned then. J.K Howell told me decades ago that the only spark plug wire colors he ever saw on an original Cord were maroon, and a few black. That doesn't mean there never were any others. But considering the number of Cords that J.K. saw or worked on in 50 years, maroon appears to be a good color.

Besides, consider how distinctive it will look!

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Mar 2012 20:30 #22341 by johnmereness
Maroon Ignition Wires Cord 810 - 812 was created by johnmereness
Stan Gilliland wrote a nice article in this month's newsletter regarding Maroon ignition wires on 810-812 cars. I also have original maroon wires that came in the spare parts box with the 35 Auburn 851 Sedan we had and also 851 Phaeton, plus currently there are several mixed in on my unrestored 852 Phaeton. Do not know if they were new to the car or sent via parts company at a later date, though it would make sence if they came new with the car as they are the same color as the distributor cap. Who wants to reproduce these ?

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.