Skip to main content

810-812 front fender, louver fitting

• Mike Brady
  • Registered
More
04 Feb 2012 23:03 #22111 by Mike Brady
Replied by Mike Brady on topic 810-812 front fender, louver fitting
#5 - Right hand drive cars, I would presume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• George van Nostrand
  • Registered
More
04 Feb 2012 21:36 #22110 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Clearance at vacuum fitting
Pete;
I had the same clearance problem at the front vacuum fitting. I tapped out the thread in the cylinder which gave about 3/16 to 1/4 "
more clearannce, then cleaned out the chips in the cylinder.
George van Nostrand.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
04 Feb 2012 20:42 #22109 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Answers
Here are my answers to your questions.

1. The fitting should face straight up and the hose come up and over the cylinder.

2. It sounds like you don't have the louvre blocks that fit between the louvre and the fenders on each side. You can make them out of wood which can be painted. I painted mine black. They are 8" long, 7/8" wide and 15/32" high. You will need to make two short ones for the the back of the louvres.

3. I think you are looking for the rubbers that fit between the hood and louvres to keep them from rubbing,etc. Stan of Auburn/Cord parts has had them.

4. The headlight cables fit behind the the fender braces.

5. I have no idea as to what they are for. Maybe they planned to have a hood support on both sides?

More
04 Feb 2012 13:44 #22106 by Al Light
Replied by Al Light on topic 810-812 Fender Info
Peter: As a transported Mass. native born in Hudson Mass. I would like to advise that the best way to get answers to your questions would be to attend the ACD Spring Meet. Bring your camera and get all the answers.
There is no better way to enjoy the 30th of May weekend.
CORDially, Al Light

• stroker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2012 15:15 #22100 by stroker
810-812 front fender, louver fitting was created by stroker
Gents- Visited 2241H and John yesterday for an overview of progress. Looks great! Items I'd greatly appreciate some help on are:

1. There's contact between the front vacuum line fitting of the main vac. cylinder and the back of the louvre assembly- for adequate clearance can I route the vacuum hose up and over the cylinder to the fitting, horizontally positioning it to face the driver's side of the car? Any other ideas?

2. How do we position the louvre assembly so the bottom louvre doesn't touch the fender? Do we put washers under the tiedown bolts, and if so how many?

3. Rubber snubbers- how thick are the hood snubbers on the top of the louvres supposed to be, and are there any that fit into the 5/16" holes in the top louvre flange? What's a good source for these rubbers?

4. Does the headlight cable route behind the front fender brace?

5. Why are there duplicate mounting holes for the hood brace on the passenger's side?

I'd like some guidance on any or all of these questions, at your convenience.

Thanks so much!

Pete Rhoads

pete rhoads, restoring 810 phaeton 2241 H