Skip to main content

Torque Values

More
27 Apr 2013 01:37 #25090 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Torque Values
Great. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2013 23:05 #25089 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Torque values
The following are the torque setting that I have used. The threads and nuts should all be chased with a thread cleaner to make sure that they are good and then lubricated.

Rods 35/40 lbs.
Mains 90 lbs.
Heads 55 lbs.

My head bolts are not fine thread as I changed them to course thread. That was a job I don't want to ever do again. This may make them less prone to problems?

Another bit of information:
Valve springs should read at least 57/62 lbs. at 2 3/16".

More
26 Apr 2013 20:03 #25088 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Torque Values
This was the only hit I got on searching for 812 Torque specs. Does anyone actually know what the head bolts should be torqued too? The manuals seem to be missing this little tidbit.

• Duesey
  • Visitor
22 Sep 2006 16:15 #5465 by Duesey
Replied by Duesey on topic Torque Values
Torque never seemed to be listed for older cars, and no one ever bothers to find out what the torque number are. I've kind of wondered why that is, after all, horsepower is a derivative of torque, so the torque number had to be determined to find the horsepower number. Witht hat being said, there is a rough equation for horsepower to torque:

Torque= HP*5252/RPM

I know the Supercharged 812 made about 170-180 hp, but I don't know at what rpm. Does anyone know?

By the way equation I have there came from here[/url:184ywvph]

• e merancy
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
02 Sep 2006 14:17 #5333 by e merancy
Torque Values was created by e merancy
Does anyone out there KNOW! what the correct torque is for the connecting rod ,main bearing and cylinder head bolts for the 810/812 engines.Thank You Ed.M.

e.merancy email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.