Skip to main content

Personal Messages?

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
11 Feb 2024 14:53 #48251 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Personal Messages?
The AACA site is another good one. There is a forum for ACD members there. This site is OK, but it is low budget.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2024 22:15 - 10 Feb 2024 22:51 #48249 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Personal Messages?
Good question. So far what I have learned is we no longer have the ability for private messaging with other club members. So we are told to use the club  directory.... But most members have no actual name as the signon name like mine being 1748 S....... So there is ABSOLUTLY no way of knowing who a member is. Most know who EL is. But if you don't you MUST tell the person your trying to privately talk with to communicate thru your email. I understand this was NOT a planned issue. It was an oversite issue nobody expected. But its being worked on.....  Sadly its been months now this is being worked on. I have repeatedly asked for help..... But so far I hear nothing but crickets............We do have another form of communication and that's the Facebook site. All you do is sign up free and then your talking with both club members and others around the world. Only about 6 to 8% of our club members actually use the ACD forums. I find using the FB site I can talk with others much easier because if they have their phones they can communicate with me.

Gary Parsons
Last edit: 10 Feb 2024 22:51 by 1748 S.

• rg171352
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2024 16:25 #48248 by rg171352
Personal Messages? was created by rg171352
Since renewing my club membership, I have now gained access to the classified ads but cannot PM other users.  Is this a new feature of the forum or do I not know how to use the board?

Thank you for your help!