Skip to main content

Rubber heel pad

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
06 Sep 2023 13:57 #47670 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Rubber heel pad
My past wife and I started to do that our selves for the 34-36 Auburns. Unfortionately that project terminated when she passed away. So, I say to you start doing it yourself.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Sep 2023 06:43 #47668 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Rubber heel pad
Wyn attached are some pictures Rick Hulett sent me a long time ago showing how the carpet was done. Rick was a stickler for getting the details correct.
Some of us have tried to interest the BOD into setting up a site with copies of the various pictures and information Rick shared with us showing how to correctly do the trim of our Cords. Unfortunately our request has been met with deaf ears.
Rick passed away far too early in life however his work is too valuable to be lost or dismissed in my humble opinion.
I assume the ACD Club is there to help us work together for the benefit of all the members.

T cockerell

• wynlaidig
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
06 Sep 2023 01:09 #47666 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Rubber heel pad
After further investigation, it seems this rubber heel pad must be a non-factory addition.

• wynlaidig
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
04 Sep 2023 12:25 #47650 by wynlaidig
Rubber heel pad was created by wynlaidig
 Does anyone know of a source for the correct rubber heel pad that was riveted to the carpet on the driver's side?  They should be wide-ribbed 7.5" x 11" rubber, as shown in the photo of the original below.