Skip to main content

Auburn dealership chicago 2401 S Michigan ave

• mason maynard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2013 15:13 #24447 by mason maynard
Replied by mason maynard on topic Dealer photos
The American Car Dealership book, pages 68-69-89 will get you started. Once you see the floor you will be surprized how many shots were taken there.
Most of the shots are of Auburns,but I have seen 2 of Cords, one of them is in Josh's Cord Complete book.
Several photos have large crowds in them, a Stimson aircraft, and a great outside shot of a proud fellow sitting in the back seat of his new 34 Auburn phaeton compete with chauffer.
Other easily recognizeable photos were taken in Chicago to anyone familar with the city.
Soldgers Field served as a background for many photos. A fancy hotel across the street from the now Science & Industry was also used.
Someone in the club surely has all of these shots and hopefully will post them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2013 06:23 #24446 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic Auburn dealership chicago 2401 S Michigan ave
Mason,

I'd love to see some photos of the dealership from any era if you have any. Is this possible?

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

• mason maynard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2013 01:02 #24440 by mason maynard
Auburn dealership chicago 2401 S Michigan ave was created by mason maynard
The Old Auburn dealership is soon to be opened again. Myself and ACD member Claude Wright ordered the Auburns we love and are awaiting their arrival.
The new manager toured us thru the entire building, and was a great host.
The elevator is under repair, and the whole place has been freshened up, tastefully. Meaning that any ACD enthusiast would recognize it from photos from the past.
The jazzy floor is intact, all the showroom walls are in place, and the grid style windows with their flowerboxes are still in place.
If any ACD enthusiast is in Chicago I would strongly recomend a visit there. It was boarded up Feb last year and I am so happy to see it in use again, and not changed.
Plus there is much else to see on "automobile row". Contact me and I will try to show you around. MM