Skip to main content

suoercharged Auburn running rich

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
20 Nov 2012 12:48 #23915 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Carb
My thought is possibly some hot shot in the old days drilled out the the main jet In order to get more power. Back in the 60's I did that sort of thing.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
20 Nov 2012 04:14 #23914 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic suoercharged Auburn running rich
The amount of fuel that is delivered by the carb. is determined by how much air flows through the carb. " venturi effect" thus a lower boast by the supercharger would deliver less fuel because less air is flowing through the carb. Conversly more boost would give more air and more fuel. All this is saying I don't think the supercharger is at fault but a carb. issue. The main metering jet on the proper EX 32 Auburn supercharged carb. is .082. The next closest EX 32 carb. has a .069 metering jet, so I doubt you have a metering jet that is too large. Is the power jet opening too soon, is the floot level set correctly? I am thinking out loud, anyone else have any ideas, or totaly disagree and tell me I'm full of XXXX.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• ken dennison
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Nov 2012 23:18 #23911 by ken dennison
suoercharged Auburn running rich was created by ken dennison
Does anyone know someone that can bench check my carbureator and supercharger if I send it to them?
It runs rich at higher speeds. The shop that tuned it up thought that the supercharger wasn't getting enough boost and the carbureator hi speed jet might not be correct as they didn't have a tool to remove it and check it. It runs fine at slow speeds.
Ken Dennison