Skip to main content

1933 Auburn 8 Oil Filter lines

More
15 Sep 2012 15:13 #23540 by 61xlch
Replied by 61xlch on topic 1933 Auburn 8 Oil Filter lines

sds1861 wrote: Posting photos on our web site is such a time consuming pain,
Regards,
Steve Stevens

I am a total computer idiot, but there are very simple working websites for posting pictures in forums (free of charge). You just have to open such a site, choose the pics from your computer, click the "load" button. Finally you have to proceed with a "copy + paste" routine. Thats it. Pictures appears in perfect size in your thread. To the pleasure of all the other forum visitors....

Try it, its very simple.
I am working of course with a german picture-upload-site ( www.picr.de ), but there will be many american sites too.

Good luck,
Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2012 13:28 #23539 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic 1933 Auburn 8 Oil Filter lines
Nick;
I have some good photos of both sides of the engine that will show what you are looking for. Posting photos on our web site is such a time consuming pain, so if you will send me your email address I'll send you the photos directly.
Regards,
Steve Stevens

• nickg112
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
14 Sep 2012 20:14 #23534 by nickg112
1933 Auburn 8 Oil Filter lines was created by nickg112
Close to starting my 1933 Auburn 8 105 Salon Dual Ratio Cabriolet. I have gotten every manual and book I can put my hands on. I found the timing marks on the flywheel. I see three hash marks. One has an "8" stamped by it and one has a "1" stamped by it. I am assuming these are the marks.
Got my spark plugs, points, etc from Hagens. My Oil level Telegage is connected and oil pressure gage is connected.
My Oil filter is installed on the motor. It has a fitting on top and one on the bottom. Not certain if both of these should have 1/4" copper and which fitting on the side of the block that the copper lines should go to. I see the one main line where the distributor rod goes down and several other fittings on both sides of the block.
I cannot find a good drawing or a photograph that shows this.
At this point, I have an auto oiler that I was not planning on hooking up until later. I am assuming that this is not part of the oil filter system and that I can bypass this unit for now.
If someone has a couple of good photos or a sketch that shows where the oil filter lines are connected that would be great. If not, please explain location if possible.
Thanks in advance