Skip to main content

New Owner

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
17 Aug 2012 04:33 #23313 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic New Owner
Randy may better have the answer, though if a 32 is anything like a 35/36 the "cut out muffler" is right in the accessory brochure/manual.

And, I assume a V-12 style tach was also optional.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
11 Aug 2012 19:54 #23280 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic New Owner
Hello. I have three 1932 Auburns if I can be of any help just let me know. Randy

• DavidK
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2012 21:40 #23266 by DavidK
Replied by DavidK on topic Join
:D Thank you Chris for the warm welcome. I signed up for the club a couple of days ago. I'm planning to attend the next West Coast meet. I'm going to try and have the car ready by then. It will be ready mechanically but the cosmetics will still need work.
I spent most of last night reading forum posts. There's a lot of info there.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2012 05:16 #23265 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic New Owner
Welcome to the ACD Club. Happy to have you here. If you haven't joined yet, you will find it worthwhile for the expertise, fellowship, and parts and advice sources opened up to you. Most of our membership is usually very willing to help a "newbie." The Club has a West Coast Meet approaching in Santa Maria, CA, October 11-14.

Hope to meet you and your car in Auburn sometime down the road.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• DavidK
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2012 00:47 #23264 by DavidK
Replied by DavidK on topic Previous Owners
Thanks Randy, Bill Vicencio (Nevada) had it last. Before that, I think it was Eugene Page ( Lancaster Ca. ).

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2012 00:09 #23263 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic New Owner
I do not have this car by sn but I might by ownership if you will share that with me maybe I can tell you more. Randy

• DavidK
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Aug 2012 23:21 #23262 by DavidK
New Owner was created by DavidK
:D Hello, I'm a newbie to the forums. I just bought a 1932 Auburn 8-100A Cabriolet. It's the one that has been on Ebay for the past few months. It's a nice car. The paint is failing but the steel and wood are really nice. The engine number matchs the id tag and the frame number and the serial number are 1000 apart. It has a Swan downdraft intake manifold with a Winfield carb. The distributer has an extension with a tach drive. With the factory cutout, I wonder if a previous owner was a little bit of a hot rodder. I have the names of the two previous owners. I plan to restore it back to original. I've ordered some reading material so I don't ask too many stupid questions. If anyone has information about my car, it would be greatly appreciated. The serial number is 8100A9334F. If anyone lives nearby, you are always welcome to see the car. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about this beautiful classic. Thanks!