Skip to main content

Private message notification

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
24 Apr 2017 03:33 #32827 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic Private message notification
I agree that this is a very important feature that we need. It is standard on all other forums I've ever used so hopefully it can just be activated or something here???

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joe Holderman
  • Registered
More
30 Mar 2017 03:44 - 30 Mar 2017 03:51 #32749 by Joe Holderman
Replied by Joe Holderman on topic Private message notification
Mr Richards,
What you describe is indeed a good method of checking your PMs when you're logged into the forum.
I think the original concern was how to get an email notification whenever you have a new PM sent to you (the same way it does when someone posts in a subscribed thread). And the answer to that remains a mystery - it is possible the forum design does not include that function.

I agree that the PM is a great method for member communications! I've created a topic in the Website Help section with your instructions.
Thanks again,
Joe

Future Cord owner.

Messenger Link: m.me/hotrodjoe
Last edit: 30 Mar 2017 03:51 by Joe Holderman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
30 Mar 2017 03:21 #32748 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Private message notification
Hello Moderator Holderman : While my method of handling incoming Private Messages is anything but automatic, it works. Once a member logs in click on the green circled head icon in the right upper corner of the page. This yields a drop down of several choices as to where you wish to go. Click on PRIVATE MESSAGES and your INBOX will come up displaying any PMs sent to you. You can also access OUTBOX , TRASH and WRITE at the same screen. You can navigate using the back arrow symbol at the upper left of the page and to return to the FORUM page where you began and logged in.
While this is not exactly user friendly I , an octogenarian computer klutz , was able to figure it out.. I believe our membership needs to better understand the Private Message function of our website. It is a great inter-member communication tool. Thanks , Jack Richards , Member #1080 at Chesterfield, Missouri

• Joe Holderman
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2017 00:22 #32654 by Joe Holderman
Thanks, Curt. Funny thing is that I did get an email notification of your reply!

Future Cord owner.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2017 22:52 #32653 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Private message notification
I made mention to Tom in reference to this problem about a week ago . Currently there is no way for us to get automatic emails for PM's. He is looking at a global change for all members.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• Joe Holderman
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2017 21:07 #32652 by Joe Holderman
I looked at all of the settings and options and can't figure it out. I've sent a message to Thomas Lee to help.

Future Cord owner.

• xjn001
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2017 09:45 #32649 by xjn001
Private message notification was created by xjn001
I do not get the notification to my email if someone sends me a private message. how do I correct this?, I would like to be notified when a ACD message is placed in my in box. Thanks