New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new membership system called Membee. All ACD Club Members will be receiving an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.
This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Alternative to Penrite for steering box

More
02 May 2019 10:10 - 05 May 2019 19:43 #37124 by jivanty
Replied by jivanty on topic Alternative to Penrite for steering box

Curt Schulze wrote: John, I posted that question out on FileZilla UC Browser Rufus AACA look in general discussion.

Am interested why you suggest this instead of Penrite. Reason I ask is eventually I will need something for my 37 Beverly steering box after re seal or rebuild. But thanks for this information too.
Last edit: 05 May 2019 19:43 by jivanty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2019 01:30 - 15 May 2019 01:47 #37190 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic Alternative to Penrite for steering box
I'm not sure they are the same:
Per Super S :
Super S Cotton Picker Spindle Grease 00 is a smooth textured, corrosion preventive grease manufactured with a special low viscosity, low pour point base oil with a lithium thickener, as well as rust and oxidation inhibitors. It is recommended for industrial and agricultural applications calling for a low consistency product with low operating temperature properties. Super S NLGI 00 Grease meets or exceeds the John Deere JDN-360 and JDN-380 specific cautions for cotton picker spindle lubricants. It is widely used in gearboxes on bush hog type cutters and some gear cases on riding lawn mowers.

Temperature Range: -20° F to 200° F
Flash Point: >284° F (COC)
Dropping Point: 320° F

Per Penrites Website:
Penrite Steering Box Lube is an Extreme Pressure, NLGI 00, lithium based grease, blended with effective anti-wear, rust and Oxidation Inhibitors. It is a High Viscosity, self-levelling grease that features non-corrosive extreme pressure (EP) additives to provide enhanced film strength protection.
Penrite Steering Box Lube has a normal operating temperature range from -20º to 130º.
Hope this helps
Pat
Last edit: 15 May 2019 01:47 by pfree3233.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds