Alternative to Penrite for steering box

More
02 May 2019 10:10 - 05 May 2019 19:43 #37124 by jivanty
Replied by jivanty on topic Alternative to Penrite for steering box

Curt Schulze wrote: John, I posted that question out on FileZilla UC Browser Rufus AACA look in general discussion.

Am interested why you suggest this instead of Penrite. Reason I ask is eventually I will need something for my 37 Beverly steering box after re seal or rebuild. But thanks for this information too.
Last edit: 05 May 2019 19:43 by jivanty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2019 01:30 - 15 May 2019 01:47 #37190 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic Alternative to Penrite for steering box
I'm not sure they are the same:
Per Super S :
Super S Cotton Picker Spindle Grease 00 is a smooth textured, corrosion preventive grease manufactured with a special low viscosity, low pour point base oil with a lithium thickener, as well as rust and oxidation inhibitors. It is recommended for industrial and agricultural applications calling for a low consistency product with low operating temperature properties. Super S NLGI 00 Grease meets or exceeds the John Deere JDN-360 and JDN-380 specific cautions for cotton picker spindle lubricants. It is widely used in gearboxes on bush hog type cutters and some gear cases on riding lawn mowers.

Temperature Range: -20° F to 200° F
Flash Point: >284° F (COC)
Dropping Point: 320° F

Per Penrites Website:
Penrite Steering Box Lube is an Extreme Pressure, NLGI 00, lithium based grease, blended with effective anti-wear, rust and Oxidation Inhibitors. It is a High Viscosity, self-levelling grease that features non-corrosive extreme pressure (EP) additives to provide enhanced film strength protection.
Penrite Steering Box Lube has a normal operating temperature range from -20º to 130º.
Hope this helps
Pat
Last edit: 15 May 2019 01:47 by pfree3233.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds