Best Block, Head & Radiator Flush ?

• silverghost
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
01 Feb 2013 00:37 #24422 by silverghost
Best Block, Head & Radiator Flush ? was created by silverghost
Does anyone know of a very good over the counter auto store cast iron engine block,/cylinder head waterjacket, and radiator cleaner & flush product ?

Years ago I used to use a two part Dupont Heavy Duty Radiator Flush & Engine block & Head cleaner flush powder product that came in a two section silver canister.
It was the best coolng system flush & block / head & radiator water jacket cleaner I have ever used.

The Part A cleaner powder was some sort of acid.
You warmed the engine up and put the prt "A" acid powder product in the coolng system and ran it for for about fifteen min.
Then drained the product and added the smaller pr "B" container , which I believe was basically baking soda, to neutralize the part "A" acid.

This Dupont product would clean-out all sorts of heavy scale & rust and do a fantastic cleaning job indeed !

I have not seen this Dupont Heavy Duty Radiator & engine flush in any auto stores for many years.

What Auto Store over the counter product, that you can buy today, have you successfully used as a good cast iron block/head & radiator cleaner cooling system flush?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.