Duesenberg J135 in Switzerland

• landmark
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
30 Jun 2011 17:55 #20385 by landmark
Replied by landmark on topic Duesenberg J135 in Switzerland
Hi,

these picture of J-135 were taken at the Imperial Palace Hotel in 1996. The frame number at the display was 2328

This car was my absolute favorite there. At that time there were round about 20 Model J Duesies on display. It was a fun-place to be.

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
31 Jan 2004 01:22 #1275 by MICHAEL S SMITH
Replied by MICHAEL S SMITH on topic Duesenberg J135 in Switzerland
I THINK THIS IS CAR RICK CARROLL DID AND HAD AT AUBURN A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO.AT THE TIME RUMOR WAS HE TOOK IT TO INDY AACA NATIONAL, DIDNT GET 100 POINTS, AND WAS VERY UPSET. I HAVE WONDERED FOR A LONG TIME WHERE THIS CAR WENT BECAUSE I WAS VERY TAKEN WITH IT AT THE TIME.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2004 14:02 #1274 by Picture Gallery
Duesenberg J135 in Switzerland was created by Picture Gallery
Our thanks to Jean-Eric Raoul for these pictures!

Here are three small pictures of the Duesenberg that I've driven in Switzerland last november.

Chassis : 2227 ; engine : J 135.

The car has been rebodied, but I'm not able to say when and who made the job. Thanks to another ACD member, I know that it was sold new as a
short chassis Derham sedan. And the chassis has probably been shortened, to wear this boat-tail speedster body, on an extra short wheelbase.

This car is now the property of the Charles G. Renaud Foundation, a truly magnificent private collection near Neuchatel, in Switzerland, with more than 120 cars displayed, including a Cord 812. But if you're not exclusively devoted to ACD cars, you'll probably enjoy AC Cobra, six pre-1931 Bentley, eight Bugatti, one Delage D8, six Ferrari, one Hispano-Suiza, one Isotta Fraschini roadster Castagna, one Marmon V16, one Maybach Zeppelin, two 1930's Packard, four pre-war Rolls-Royce, one Voisin? and many other jewels.