Skip to main content

Photos of J2563

More
21 Jun 2009 17:52 #13802 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Photos of J2563

Steve Derus wrote: Of the three Walker convertible coupes built, this was the only factory supercharged car. IMHO these three are the best looking of all Model J's.

Your feelings seem to be generally agreed upon based on the auction result a few years ago for one of the three.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve Derus
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2009 15:49 #13796 by Steve Derus
Replied by Steve Derus on topic Photos of J2563
Wow, very interesting. Have not seen either of those photos before. The photo best known of the car is the one taken at a curb when it was equipped with a huge chrome trumpet horn on the left hood panel.

Of the three Walker convertible coupes built, this was the only factory supercharged car. IMHO these three are the best looking of all Model J's.

note...my avatar on this forum is a photo of me seated in 2563 taken in 1970's when the car was in last stages of restoration by Hal Orchard in Orange, CA. My late father, Nate Derus, owned the car for a few years before it was restored.

Steve D.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
12 Jun 2009 14:09 #13740 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Photos of J2563
Bill,

Thanks so much for posting those...they're new to me and I'm sure many others here.

I have many photos of J-530 / 2563 from when it was first restored in the early 1970s, but unfortunately don't have access to the computerized versions at the moment.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Bill Mashinter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 Jun 2009 23:24 #13736 by Bill Mashinter
Photos of J2563 was created by Bill Mashinter
Photos of J2563(?) in the late 40s