Skip to main content

Jack Richard's Westchester Restoration - Completed!

More
18 Aug 2005 08:32 #3555 by RayCord
Replied by RayCord on topic Cord Westchester Done
Thanks for the interior pics Jack. They will help me a lot when I re-do the leather in my car. You can check the progress on my car on my website.
Regards Ray

Cords in South Africa - visit my website: www.cordinsa.visible.co.za

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack Richard
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2005 04:44 #3553 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic Cord leather interior
I duplicated the optional leather Westchester interior for my car, in tan leather with contrasting piping. The headliner is wool broadcloth. I will send some pictures for Bill to post. I will not be able to go the the California meet this year, will enter in Forest Grove next year.

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
17 Aug 2005 17:31 #3543 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Looks great
Jack:

You have done a beautiful job. Makes me wish mine was further along it. Oh well, should be done this coming spring at the latest. Good luck and hope to see it and you at the West Coast Meet in Santa Maria this Oct?

Tom Georgeson

More
17 Aug 2005 14:40 #3541 by RayCord
Congratulations - the car is awesome. Is your upholstery done in leather or cloth? I am busy with my Westchester which was one of a few done in leather and only have the back sections of the original leather seat pattern(missing the actual seat sections you put your butt on) . I would be interested in seeing a pic of the seats if done in the original pattern. The back rest part of the seat has a plain "sausage" at the top with a tuck & roll pattern going down. I'm not sure if the plain "sausage" was on the bottom of the seat or whether it was all tuck & roll.
Happy motoring - miles of smiles with your Westy.

Cords in South Africa - visit my website: www.cordinsa.visible.co.za

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2005 14:56 #3532 by Picture Gallery
Here are the latest of our '36 Cord, restoration done yesterday after only 9 years! We have a few little touch-ups to do, then will load on trailer and head for Auburn, Indiana, on the scenic route for the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Labor Day Meet and show. We will leave Cord, and rig, in Auburn at the Museum and fly home, then Jack and Dr. Klein will fly back in October to drive rig to Hershey, PA, for the big AACA show and meet there, then back across the country after. We have been putting in a lot of hours the last couple months, but made the deadline with two days to spare!

Check out the optional Westchester interior I fabricated for my Cord.

Cordially,
Jack & Dianna