Connersville 2022

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Oct 2022 08:37 - 15 Mar 2023 23:03 #46233 by Terry Cockerell
Connersville 2022 was created by Terry Cockerell
This picture was taken by Matt Sharp the Editor of the Connersville News Examiner and appeared in the paper promoting the recent ACD Meet. My elder brother Carl is on the LHS with Sam Harvey in the middle and yours truly on the RHS. My brother and I had travelled from Australia to attend both the Connersville and Auburn Meets. We had a ball every day. Sam's grandfather Sam Walling worked on the assembly line fitting doors to Cords. We were fortunate to have to the Connersville Museum's Cord out for the weekend as Sam is the President of the Museum. Nice work Sam. To celebrate both Meets we wore custom made Tee Shirts which read,                                             
                                                                                           CORD COUNTRY                                                           
                                                                                                                Auburn                                                   
                                                                                                 INDIANA                                                           
                                                                                                                Connersville                         
Surrounded by a stylised map of Indiana.

The icing on the cake for me was being given the honour of driving the Museum's Cord up and down West 18th Street. A major Bucket List item.
The last two pictures were taken roughly in the same location.

T cockerell
Last edit: 15 Mar 2023 23:03 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Revising text and adding more pictures
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.