Graham Hollywood production begins

More
19 Aug 2011 12:28 #20762 by alsancle
alsancle replied the topic:
I was re-reading this thread and noticed we hadn't mentioned any of the Hollywood/Skylark Convertibles which I think are attractive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 16:57 #20765 by Tom Georgeson
Tom Georgeson replied the topic: Hollywood Graham
The last picture of the convertible is a Hupp Skylark, not a Graham, regardless of what the caption on the picture says. The Skylarks had a painted grill in their hoods like this while the Grahams were chrome. I have had several Hollywoods and they always got attention.

More
19 Aug 2011 18:39 #20766 by alsancle
For some photo Ops and advertising Graham used the Hupp conv and called it a Hollywood.

More
21 Aug 2011 00:43 #20776 by alsancle
I think these were only displaying for me in the earlier post.

More
30 Jun 2012 17:24 #23121 by Tom_Parkinson
Tom_Parkinson replied the topic: Skylark in Barn
Hi,

I came across the following photos of a Hupmobile Skylark alleged to have been found in a barn about 2002 or so. I don't know anything about the car's whereabouts or condition today.

I found the following items to be of particular interest:

1) The tail lights are located Westchester-style in the trunk lid, not outside of the trunk opening in the rear body panel; and

2) The wipers are located Cord-style at the top of the windshields, not at the base of the windshields in the cowl.

Pictures I have seen of Graham Hollywoods have the tail lights located to the sides of the trunk opening and the wipers located in tranmissions placed on the cowl.

Does anyone know if the tail light and wiper locations are definitive identification traits distinguishing a Hupp Skylark from a Graham Hollywood?

--Tom

And, oh yeah, I'd like to own this car...

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: http://mbcurl.me/YCSE

More
30 Jun 2012 20:02 #23122 by alsancle
The white car above was one of the very few Skylarks built by Hupp by hand in 1939. The later Skylarks built by Graham have the tail lights on the outboard. I'm not sure of the exact number produced by Hupp in 1939 but want to say less than a couple dozen. Perhaps a Hupp guru could chime in.

Btw didn't some of the very last Cords have the tailights on the outside of the body?

And finally, if anyone is in the area my dad and I are bringing our Holllywood Conv to St Johns at the end of July. Swing by and say hi.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds