Skip to main content

Boat tail Cord

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Mar 2007 00:15 #6622 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Boat tail Cord
I have the book and I wondered for a time if it WAS the same car. I think the Duesenberg was sold at Amelia Island a year or two ago--either that or it's identical to the car that was sold (J-315, with a replica Murphy DCP body). Being a dealer I imagine he sells and swaps out quite a few cars for the right price, although I've read that a few of the cars in his collection are not for sale at any price, like FDR's Cadillac V-16 and a prototype 1958 Cadillac convertible with a rain-sensing convertible top.

He's supposed to be a great guy--the collection at his dealership is open to the public for a small fee and I've read a few good reviews of car club trips to his home collection.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• clydester
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Mar 2007 23:49 #6620 by clydester
Replied by clydester on topic Boat tail Cord
That could be the same car but the owner in the book is Al Wiseman who lives in Florida. It also says he's a vintage car dealer. Quite a collection in his home garage....Duesenberg, Packard, Auburn, etc. Even owns one of the recent Batmobiles.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
20 Mar 2007 22:09 #6617 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Boat tail Cord
There's no full photos, but some more photos of a very similar (if not the same) car can be found under the post "Kirk and Pam Copley's 1930 Cord Boat-tail". Use the search function. :D

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• clydester
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Mar 2007 20:00 #6616 by clydester
Boat tail Cord was created by clydester
I recently bought the book "Dream Garages" and one of those covered mentioned the owner has one of the few boattailed Cords built. There's a picture of it in the garage but just the frontend and it's a side shot. Anyone have a full photo of one of them???
I know the books been out awhile but it's interesting. There's probably more print on how each owners car collection got started then on the actual garage. Still a good read.