Boat tail Cord

• clydester
  • clydester's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
20 Mar 2007 20:00 #6616 by clydester
clydester created the topic: Boat tail Cord
I recently bought the book "Dream Garages" and one of those covered mentioned the owner has one of the few boattailed Cords built. There's a picture of it in the garage but just the frontend and it's a side shot. Anyone have a full photo of one of them???
I know the books been out awhile but it's interesting. There's probably more print on how each owners car collection got started then on the actual garage. Still a good read.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
20 Mar 2007 22:09 #6617 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
There's no full photos, but some more photos of a very similar (if not the same) car can be found under the post "Kirk and Pam Copley's 1930 Cord Boat-tail". Use the search function. :D

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• clydester
  • clydester's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
20 Mar 2007 23:49 #6620 by clydester
clydester replied the topic:
That could be the same car but the owner in the book is Al Wiseman who lives in Florida. It also says he's a vintage car dealer. Quite a collection in his home garage....Duesenberg, Packard, Auburn, etc. Even owns one of the recent Batmobiles.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Mar 2007 00:15 #6622 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
I have the book and I wondered for a time if it WAS the same car. I think the Duesenberg was sold at Amelia Island a year or two ago--either that or it's identical to the car that was sold (J-315, with a replica Murphy DCP body). Being a dealer I imagine he sells and swaps out quite a few cars for the right price, although I've read that a few of the cars in his collection are not for sale at any price, like FDR's Cadillac V-16 and a prototype 1958 Cadillac convertible with a rain-sensing convertible top.

He's supposed to be a great guy--the collection at his dealership is open to the public for a small fee and I've read a few good reviews of car club trips to his home collection.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds