Skip to main content

Duesenberg Production Numbers

• Randy_G
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2006 01:06 #5298 by Randy_G
Replied by Randy_G on topic Duesenberg Production Numbers
Thank you Hoosiercar, I appreciate it very much. I will add this book to my ever growing list of reading material.

Randy_G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HoosierCar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2006 01:03 #5297 by HoosierCar
Replied by HoosierCar on topic Duesenberg Production Numbers
[u:jng8ou0r]Duesenberg[/u:jng8ou0r], by Dennis Adler (2004) features a comprehensive list of all production numbers, body descriptions, and engine numbers in the Appendix on pages 273-6.

The body descriptions cite the coachbuilder and style, with only a few omissions. In a few of these, the author offers a (well) educated guess. E.G...2247, 2249, 2250, 2251 are all Willoughby Limousines and a Berline, so it is highly likely that 2248 was also a Willoughby Limousine.

A disclaimer notes that it was common Duesenberg practice to issue a new serial number for a factory rebuilt engine.

It is a gorgeous and informative book I highly recommend.
It's a steal at $35.

• Randy_G
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 May 2006 19:44 #4855 by Randy_G
Duesenberg Production Numbers was created by Randy_G
I want to thank everyone that has visited my site and I hope you return after I add the next section on Duesenberg to it. That's why I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find the production numbers for Duesenberg. Basically I want to know how many cars were built. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy - Automotive History Online