Skip to main content

Phantom Corsair Dash View

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
07 Jan 2006 15:25 #4208 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Phantom Corsair Dash View
Registration numbers are not production numbers. They are just the number of cars actually registered in the 48 states in 1936 and 1937. Not counted are cars exported to other countries, and cars left in dealer's hands that were not registered until 1938. I'll stick to my story: no fewer than 2900, no more than 3000.

And I'm always suspicious of the famous "it is" --- "it is" estimated, "it is" believed, etc. I wonder who "it is" is.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• balinwire
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
06 Jan 2006 23:16 #4205 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Production figures
I was startled at the figures also. It may have been the U.S. titled cars that he came about that total, many were exported. Just a guess.

quote from post-

"It's estimated that 60 percent of of 2,320 Cord 810/812 models exist. Sources say nearly 3,000 of the cars were built, but reported registrations were only 1,174 in 1936 and 1,146 in 1937, for a total of 2,320 cars."

• Slate
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2006 22:25 #4199 by Slate
Replied by Slate on topic RE: The Sun-Times article/link
That article is interesting to me (in comparison to the numerous ones over the years) regarding the registration numbers (2320 by his numbers) used for a production total. Most articles state the approximate 3000 810/812s. By the registration data and 60% survival rate, this results in 1392 810/812s!

• balinwire
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
06 Jan 2006 11:59 #4198 by balinwire
Phantom Corsair Dash View was created by balinwire
I was surprised to note that Andy Granatelli had a part in the Phantom Corsair as posted in this blog.
If I saw the correct movie, the Corsair is blasting down a dirt trail at a very rapid pace in a cloud of dust.
Seems like Cords were modified since they were new, all that sheet metal work and they left out the horn ring.

Does anyone know how Gorden Buehrig ( www.mason-city.com/gordon_buehrig.htm ) felt about this version of his vision?

check out this link---

www.livejournal.com/users/fearof ... 06994.html

www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.ph ... arnum=1905

another Cord link, anybody get this issue of the newspaper 12/2005?---

www.suntimes.com/output/auto/car ... las19.html