Skip to main content

Is it possible to get the forum expanded for "factory" photos ?

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Jan 2020 15:32 - 25 Jan 2020 16:01 #39396 by johnmereness
Facebook is not really index-able for people who want to restore a car properly - it is more a social thing (a really fun social thing - glad we have the page). And, I have been posting to the Facebook page for about a year when something interesting turns up (this Duesenberg photo showed up recently) - we all had a blast of a good time discussing. My point in asking is that you catch in periodic posts that people are interested in authenticity of cars and it would be nice to point them to something dedicated matched to easy for them to use. A fellow last year asked - how do I paint and pinstripe my L-29 Cord - I shared a few photos. And I share my 1936/1936 Factory photos fairly often (as well as my 1000's of "this is how to accurately restore your 1935/1936 851/852" that have been taken of original/unrestored cars across the globe over a 15 year period), but when I do not have time or .., then ....

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2020 16:01 by johnmereness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thomaslee
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
24 Jan 2020 22:32 #39387 by thomaslee
There is a Photo Gallery forum for posting pictures. I would also suggest posting pictures like this in our Facebook Group --- that is a better venue for pictures.

www.facebook.com/groups/ACDClubGroup

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2020 16:28 - 23 Jan 2020 16:30 #39377 by johnmereness
Joe, I understand completely, but they are a mix of photos and dedicated to Jim's life in collecting photos over decades - I do not want to muck in the waters of his legacy. I would like to see a photo section dedicated to purely Factory photos related to publicity matched to period photos of relatively new cars - that is where our historical accuracy will come from.

A funny story, but when we bought the 1931 Cadillac a small handful of "rebels' said to go on a quest for seeing other unrestored cars - which we did (and hard to find via lack of internet and ...). However, that was the 1970's and "rule of thumb" at time was to match your car to the best restored car. Well, let's just say a lot of authenticity in manufacturing was lost over time.

Joe, that is about in same place I would put the new sections (at the bottom of the page in near vicinity).

JMM
Last edit: 23 Jan 2020 16:30 by johnmereness.

• Joe Holderman
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2020 01:39 #39363 by Joe Holderman
Under the Main Category called "THE JIM BROCKMAN COLLECTION", there are several Archive sub-forums for old pictures. It's broken up by Auburn, Cord, etc, not the smaller sections like you're requesting, but they do already seem to include this type of content (ie, old factory photos) so it seems appropriate to add them there for now. We definitely appreciate those photos!

Thanks,
Joe

Future Cord owner.

Messenger Link: m.me/hotrodjoe

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
21 Jan 2020 17:19 - 25 Jan 2020 16:05 #39351 by johnmereness
Thanks

JMM
Last edit: 25 Jan 2020 16:05 by johnmereness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
20 Jan 2020 00:24 #39334 by 1748 S
I would support this idea. Anything to take the guess work out of restoring to correct factory applications.

Gary Parsons
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnmereness, auburnandyscar

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
19 Jan 2020 17:12 - 19 Jan 2020 17:16 #39322 by johnmereness
There is a lot of discussion on the Cord forum page about authenticity and my reply was: I do think this Forum site should add a section for original (period and factory/dealer/publicity) photographs and there probably needs to be an Early Auburn section, a 1931-1933 Auburn section, a 1934-1935 Auburn section, Cord L-29 section, 810-812 section, and ... I would gladly moderate such.

JMM
Last edit: 19 Jan 2020 17:16 by johnmereness.