Skip to main content

World's Oldest Female Cord Enthusiast Turns 103 Today

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
02 Jan 2019 00:47 #36308 by 1748 S
Terry as my memory gets poorer and I forget what my wife wants or said.One thing I don't forget is most anything you publish about Actonite... I recall your article about "finding Trudie" and the information as to how scared she was getting her picture taken in her new coat next to someone s Cord. Those must have been exciting days if she still recalls them.Thanks for sharing.

Gary Parsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
01 Jan 2019 20:26 - 01 Jan 2019 20:30 #36305 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic World's Oldest Female Cord Enthusiast Turns 103 Today
Gary, Trudie Weaver is an amazing lady. We have been pen pals for three years. Not long after we made contact I made a comment to her that in the 1939 picture she looked a little bit apprehensive, she replied yes as she was worried the owner of the car would come rushing out simply because he was very protective of his Cord. Trudie's brother took the picture as she had just bought a new coat and the Cord just happened to be parked there for convenient use. Trudie's brother went to war not long after and was killed on active service in the Air Force. Trudie has always treasured the picture.
Yes Happy New Year to you Gary.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jan 2019 20:30 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Spelling error

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
01 Jan 2019 17:38 #36302 by 1748 S
I'm impressed Terry.She anchors your Cord to the way back. Your lucky to have her in your cars history.Her age is amazing too. Happy New Year..

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2018 20:23 #36294 by Terry Cockerell
I just had a delightful conversation with Trudie Weaver in Hamilton, Ontario as she is celebrating her 103rd birthday on December 31st at home with her family. My wife Gai , our granddaughter Zoey and I visited Trudie back in August 2018 befor Auburn. She is in quite good health, can still crack a joke and is still hand writing letters at her remarkable age.
Trudie Weaver must be without doubt the World's Oldest Female Cord Enthusiast or possibly the World's Oldest.
The attached picture was taken when we visited her. A most remarkable lady.
The other pictures are of the Hamilton Spectator newspaper articles that appeared after her 100th birthday.
The picture of her with the Cord was taken in 1939. The next door neighbour Lee Merrill owned it.

T cockerell
Attachments: