Skip to main content

Call To Stan Today

More
03 May 2019 22:48 #37139 by C.R.D.
Replied by C.R.D. on topic Call To Stan Today
Very sorry to hear about your wife's issues. Hopefully the future will hold improvement.
Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2019 19:14 #37072 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic Call To Stan Today
I ordered parts from them in the past 2 weeks and got excellent service from Stan, Carol, Stacie and another lady there. Most of my contact was via email so you might try that. Seems like they are busy.

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
25 Apr 2019 01:53 #37065 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Call To Stan Today
Thanks Curt. I'm only fortunate to own one ACD car. That's my Beverly sedan Cord. If money was no object I would like to own the 36 Auburn speedster my Dads business partner owned in the early 1960 time frame. The car did not have an engine or trans but the two speed rear end was in the car. It had some front end damage that Sherm
Hall of Alhambra Ca. the then owner of the speedster was working on one day but.. The torch caught the undercoating on fire.He had no gloves on so when he tried to wipe away the burning material it stuck to his hand burning him nicely. After a quick recovery he phoned a person that really wanted the car and sold it impulsively.... He did things like that all the time...I have looked for the car describing where it was purchased from and the name of the owner.. But nobody has answered my search. It may be with use or parted out to keep others on the road.

Gary Parsons

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
24 Apr 2019 23:35 #37063 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Call To Stan Today
If you are looking for Auburn parts I might be able to help you. Spring Hershey is nothing like the event in the fall.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

More
10 Oct 2018 17:51 #35666 by C.R.D.
Guess it's a matter of timing. I received my parts yesterday from Auburn/Cord Parts.
Still waiting for a call back (1 week) or email (2 and a half weeks) from the Factory, but don't need the parts now.
Carl

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
10 Oct 2018 17:36 #35665 by 1748 S
I received a return call on Monday this week but I was not able to make a call back till today.Same thing happening again. Leave message with Stacy about parts and credit card number. I'm not disappointed at all. Just not comfortable leaving card info on a message board.Am NOT in a hurry for trans parts. Really not in a hurry for any parts for my restoration really.I enjoy the search for treasures more than acquiring said treasures. Funny how that works sometimes.Sure would like to have attended Hershey this year.. Maybe next year...

More
06 Oct 2018 16:30 #35619 by C.R.D.
Hi Gary,
I understand they are busy at the factory, but I don't think ignoring a customer for over two weeks is a good way to operate a business. I'm not going to buy a new speedster but I WAS going to buy parts. I've since found what I need elsewhere and won't be bothering the factory again for a while. Hopefully the next time I need something they won't be quite so busy.
Carl

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
06 Oct 2018 16:22 #35616 by 1748 S
Carl I appreciate the post. It gives me hope maybe next week I may get a return call. I can make do with the trans thrust washer I have by hard chroming it back to .312. For some odd reason its made to the .300 thickness to fit in a groove that's .312 wide. I can understand a 1 or 2 thousands clearance but not 11 or more. Just not sure how the trans wears in this area being hard chromed..We will see.
As for "the factory" call..Doug is really busy building those NOS updated Speedsters.

Gary Parsons

More
06 Oct 2018 12:57 #35610 by C.R.D.
I called earlier this week and ordered some things from Stan's shop. Didn't talk to Stan but they were manning the phones and took the order. I'd suggest just giving them a few days, then call again. it might have just been timing.
Had the same problem as you with the factory. Emailed two weeks ago with no reply and then called about five or six days ago and left a message on a machine. Still waiting to hear from them.

Carl

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
06 Oct 2018 00:39 #35595 by 1748 S
I can agree with "not feeling good". I have been taking care of my wife since April when she had her left knee replaced but..Just as she was doing PT her right ankle failed in such a way the ONLY option was fusion...Very sad too. Last week she was able to put weight on it finally and got fitted for a boot that MUST be worn for 30 days.. Then PT to learn a new walking gate because of the tripping hazard she will have for the rest of her life if no new surgery's come about... So yes... I know what its like to be everything to her plus what I do just to stay grounded.Its very difficult to see a loved one loosing a health battle. Hopefully nothing is scary wrong at Stan's house health wise. Hopeful anyway. I have been doing business with Stan and Carol since 1975. Thanks for sharing what has been shared too.

Gary Parsons

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
06 Oct 2018 00:04 #35594 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Call To Stan Today
When ya are not feeling good, selling parts is not on top of the priority list.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 23:49 #35593 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Call To Stan Today
Not a good sign

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 21:06 #35592 by 1748 S
Call To Stan Today was created by 1748 S
Today I called to order some parts from ACD in Wellington Kansas. Nobody answered. I got to leave a message for the parts. That was 6 hours ago. Am anguish to order. Is there any meets happening now or about too? I know Hershey is coming up next week...