Skip to main content

1937 Cord 812 Barn find, Indiana, looking for some advice

More
26 Dec 2014 04:29 #28772 by Ohio AMX
Thanks Tom! Glad to see the poor thing stored indoors at least.

Scott Campbell
Medina, OH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
26 Dec 2014 01:23 #28770 by Tom_Parkinson
Hi Scott,

There was a 2nd thread in regard to this car at:

forums.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudwaysapps.com/phpbb2/viewto ... sc&start=1

In February 2014 I drove over to the site and looked the car over. I was able to give a lot of parts-ID to the possessors, and I took a few pictures which are posted below.

At the time the cars were moved, the question of ownership of the 6 rescued cars had the word "Lawyers" written all over the place. Nothing was offered to me for sale, and I did not ask to buy anything. I have not heard any further information since my visit there.

[img

[img

[img

[img

[img

[img

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

More
25 Dec 2014 21:53 #28769 by Ohio AMX
Any updates on this one?

Scott Campbell
Medina, OH

• krb12
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Jan 2014 03:00 #26688 by krb12

More
17 Jan 2014 17:47 #26682 by alsancle
You didn't mention body type which would be the biggest factor in determine value closely followed by condition.

• krb12
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Jan 2014 17:39 #26681 by krb12
Pictures coming soon

• krb12
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Jan 2014 15:43 #26679 by krb12
I will try to get some pics up later today, I tried yesterday and was unsuccessful. I also have video of it coming out of its resting place. The back wheels are still on it. I'll ask my husband if he found the tag.

• auburnandyscar
  • Registered
More
17 Jan 2014 03:49 #26678 by auburnandyscar
WE would all love to see some photo's
see if the ID tag is still on the car, that will help to see what you have, and its' potential value.

are there wheels on it? (you said the drivetrain was gone)

I sent you a PM

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

• krb12
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Jan 2014 19:45 #26675 by krb12
(Just doing a little research for my husband, he will also have access to this and will answer any questions)

We recently were contacted to clean up and old dilapidated barn along with several vehicles that occupied it. One of those vehicles was a '37 Cord 812. My research on the vehicle (to establish market price and proper niche market,) led me to this forum. I would describe the car in rather poor condition. The previous owner of the barn where the car was located did not reside on the property, therefore over the years the vehicles in side the building were subject to theft and vandalism. I believe the entire drive train, along with the hood and front fenders were stolen. We did find some parts and pieces in the dirt, including one of the hide-a-way headlights. As far as I know the frame and cab of the vehicle seem to be pretty intact, interior is gone, all glass is gone. My husband would like to "clean the car up a bit", I'm not exactly sure what that all entails, but I was wondering if not touching it would be better. I was thinking that leaving it as is and in "fresh out of the barn" condition may be more exciting to a Cord enthusiast who is looking for a project. Any opinions or possible interested buyers would be much appreciated, thank you!