Skip to main content

Greg Drives George Harrison's Aston-Martin DB5

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2012 22:49 #22246 by Greg Riley
Greg Drives George Harrison?s Aston-Martin!
Who would have thought it-I found it, or rather it found me! Quote of the week, "If a man?s from Texas, he?ll tell you. If he?s not, why embarrass him by asking?"--John Gunther

Buckle up my friends for the true story of an anonymous Houstonian who slipped over to England in December, and then made away (stole?) what has been described as ?A British National Treasure; George Harrison?s Aston-Martin DB5. Best of all he is one of our best Garage Friends and the car will make its U.S. premiere at The Concours d?Elegance of Texas at the beautiful LaTorretta Lake Resort. Shortly after announcing I was looking for the car's new owner, I received an e-mail with the subject line, ?I bought it.? It took me a few minutes to process what this meant! After promising on my solemn honor to keep his identity confidential, the mysterious new owner agreed to share his story exclusively with The Garage! We were present this morning when Customs released the car for its official entry to the U.S. Special Thanks to our friend John Jackson of NotStockPhotography for providing today's original images.

THE REAL STORY OF GEORGE HARRISON?S ASTON MARTIN and It's New Texas Owner.

I?ll begin this report by telling you just a little about our mysterious Mr. X. He has quietly built a small collection of some of the most desirable 60s era sports cars in the world. Make no mistake this collection includes all the most ?drool worthy? examples we all fantasize about. The Garage tagged along as the car was unloaded at the port of Houston earlier today.
To keep reading, click the link below:

garagedlx.blogspot.com/2012/02/greg-driv...harrisons-aston.html

Greg Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.