Skip to main content

Matt Short to Lead America's Packard Museum

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
02 May 2011 15:27 #19982 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Matt Short to Lead America's Packard Museum
I wish Matt all the best, but will be sorry to see him go.

Mike
8-100A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DJT
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Apr 2011 20:43 #19900 by DJT
(AUBURN, INDIANA) Matthew Short, Executive Vice President of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum in Auburn, Indiana has been named Executive Director of The Citizen?s Motorcar Company: America?s Packard Museum in Dayton, Ohio. He will assume his duties there in mid-May.

Auburn Museum Executive Director Laura Brinkman said ?As chief curator of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum for nearly 20 years, Matt has honed the Museum?s collection into undeniably the greatest collection of Auburns, Cords and Duesenbergs in the world and has further set the stage for future development of the collection.?

?I love cars and have loved my time in Auburn,? Short said. Short said he has long had a passion for Packard automobiles and ?the opportunity to help build America?s Packard Museum into a world-class institution is a dream come true for me.?

Brinkman continued, ?Matt?s vast automotive knowledge is sought by car collectors and historians from all over the world. His knowledge of automobiles and automotive history will be a tremendous loss for us. We are sad to lose him, but we can be nothing but happy for Matt.?

ACD Automobile Museum Board Chair Jeff Turner also praised Short?s work and his knowledge. ?Matt Short is a leading figure in the automobile museum world. He has helped build the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum into one of the finest in the world.? Turner continued, ?We will be forever grateful for his contributions and wish him continued success.?

Robert Signom, Founder & Curator of America?s Packard Museum, echoed their thoughts. ?Matt Short is probably the premier auto museum executive in the world,? he said, ?and we are delighted that Matt has chosen to come to Dayton. We believe that Matt can take America?s Packard Museum to the next level, and into the next generation. This is a game-changing event for us, and we believe that Matt?s leadership of our team, in collaboration with our Board, will ensure our position as the museum worthy of the Packard marque.?

The Auburn museum has formed a search committee to seek Short?s replacement.

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum Press Release.

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.