Graham Hollywood and Hupmobile Skylark for Reunion

• auburn-kid
  • auburn-kid's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
11 Mar 2011 02:22 #19512 by auburn-kid
auburn-kid replied the topic:
Thanks to all of you that have been sending me e-mails with leads! Some of them are bearing fruit! I still don't have any Hupp Skylark leads yet. If you know someone with a Hupp, have them take a gander at their club's directory. I've got a few feelers out there right now, but you've come through on the Hollywoods so I thought I'd challenge you with the Skylarks! Thank you again for helping make 2011's Annual Reunion a great one!

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 19:21 #20767 by sunroofcord
sunroofcord replied the topic:
I had a chance to visit with Ken when attending the 50th Reunion of the club in Auburn in 2002. We went to his house in Fort Wayne and he graciously shared his Graham collection with us. We had a chance to get up close and personal with his Hollywood Convertible and as far as I could tell the body from the firewall back was all Cord as I think they all were. Why anyone would ban this car from the park is beyond me.

I think the inclusion of these cars has been a long time coming. Unfortunately, I won't be there to see them. Hope somebody makes a CD available of the whole 2011 event including the Cord Convoy.

Jim

• auburn-kid
  • auburn-kid's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Aug 2011 19:57 #20784 by auburn-kid
auburn-kid replied the topic:
I'm sorry that you are going to miss this year's Annual Reunion.

I can't wait for everyone to see the field of Cord "Cousins" that has been assembled for this year! We have some VERY special guests coming. I'm not revealing anything more! You'll just have to be there!

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
22 Aug 2011 13:42 #20792 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Just another note on the issue of Hollywoods, Skylarks and Cord resto-rods.

CCCA permits no cars in their events except those on their "list". Packard clubs nothing but Packards, etc. Because our cars, Cord in particular, had variations built by other companies, and are so attractive to customizers and to replica-makers, we have a whole other universe of cars to consider welcoming.

This is not advocacy for a specific position. It is rather a statement that the ACD Club is in the unique position of dealing with cars that represent a sort of homage to the glory of our originals. (And many of which are interesting in themselves.) Let's keep this door open while we thoughtfully consider the opportunities.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

More
22 Aug 2011 20:19 #20804 by DJT
DJT replied the topic:

auburn-kid wrote: I'm sorry that you are going to miss this year's Annual Reunion.

I can't wait for everyone to see the field of Cord "Cousins" that has been assembled for this year! We have some VERY special guests coming. I'm not revealing anything more! You'll just have to be there!

I took 2000+ photos on a recent 2 week vacation in Viet Nam, let's see if I can do the same in 1 week at Auburn 2011 :D

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
http://www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

More
04 Sep 2011 15:05 #20861 by Tom_Parkinson
Tom_Parkinson replied the topic: Meeting the Cousins!
Hi Kellie,

The cousins were there and were wonderful to see. Thank you for making this great idea come to fruition.

I particularly enjoyed seeing the one and only Hupp Corsair. I had seen photos of this car, but what a thrill to see it up close and splendid!

Congratulations, and "Well Done."

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: http://mbcurl.me/YCSE

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds