Skip to main content

I hope everyone had a terrific fourth this year!

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
11 Jul 2003 14:17 #474 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Cord in the Park Cities 4th of July Parade
I am always trying to promote the Boy Scouts. I am the Troop Committee Chairman of Troop 35 in University Park, Texas.

Each year, there is a parade in the Park Cities area. This year, the parade was quite large. Lots of floats and old cars. New ones too, including Vipers.

The ACD Club was represented by my Cord 810 Convertible Coupe. My son insisted on driving. I let him. I realized that his foot would be on the brake the whole time rather than the gas.

People really love seeing these old cars. Many people in Park Cities saw their first Cord on July 4, 2003!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dutch Jacobs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Jul 2003 04:21 #445 by Dutch Jacobs
I literally wore myself out with a 30 mile bicycle ride, and am still smarting from it as I write this. But it was worth it, and the fireworks show was incredible here in Mira Mesa - everything shut down as people came out to watch. They were launched from the high school football field in the middle of town.

I don't think it would have even been possible to pump gas while it was going on, there were people parked at the pumps too!

All in all, a wonderful time. I hope your independance day was at least as good as mine was, sincerely -

~Dutch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.