Skip to main content

What is the best way to buy a Duesenberg?

• chip wright
  • Visitor
25 Aug 2006 14:20 #5282 by chip wright
Replied by chip wright on topic Buying a Duesy!!!
Buyers are very fortunate that they have a resource in Randy Ema. You should contact him through the club. He is the leading expert on these cars and will probably know where any cars that are for sale are located. He will be able to advise you on your purchase and help you with the history of the car. He also has the ability to authenticate the cart for you and provide "After the sale" service as he is a restorer and service person. Anyone making a purchase of this magnitude should at least talk with him before they consider a car for purchase.

Best regards,

Chip Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2006 03:31 #5267 by DJT
Give me 1mil and I'll share the secret with you. That is after I buy one :D

Seriously - I have no clue.

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

• Joel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2006 23:10 #5266 by Joel
Hi, I have been fascinated by the Duesenberg J for many years, I have all the books and have studied them. Now, I may soon be ready to take the plunge, and start seeking a car to buy. I am especially interested in finding a Murphy Convertible Coupe.

I am very adept at most phases of old car assessment and restoration, and have purchased & restored my share of cars over the years. But a Duesenberg is so rare, so complex, and so expensive! I feel overwhelmed when I think about the possibility of purchasing one. What is the best way to find one, to evaluate it, and to determine its value? Where do I start?

Thanks, Joel.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img