baby Duesenberg engine

• Niko Moritz
  • Niko Moritz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Feb 2006 08:11 #4306 by Niko Moritz
Niko Moritz created the topic: baby Duesenberg engine
I m wondering what engine was used on baby Duesenberg? Can anybody tell it from these images?

Unlike cord this car was rear-wheel driven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
01 Feb 2006 22:24 #4312 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel replied the topic: Baby Duesenberg?
Hello Niko!

Welcome to the Club website. We are all familiar with your work, it is phenomenal! Here's hoping that you do a 1936 Cord Convertible Coupe someday!

I wasn't aware that there was a Baby Duesenberg. I always thought that the Cord 800-series cars were at one time going to be released as a "Baby Duesenberg" but later were released as Cords.

Are you talking about a one-off or a prototype automobile? The front end definately looks like a cord.

More
02 Feb 2006 02:02 #4313 by RandyEma
RandyEma replied the topic:
Hello The Baby Duesenberg used a 1934 new Auburn chassis which had a Lycoming series GG engine . Best Randy

• Niko Moritz
  • Niko Moritz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Feb 2006 15:48 #4315 by Niko Moritz
Niko Moritz replied the topic:
Randy: thank you very much for the information. While modeling the car I came across this patent. I suspected the car was a rear-wheel drive, but I did not realize it was based on a production Auburn.

Bill: yes, Baby Duesenberg was a prototype, there's a photo and some information on Josh Malks's webpage. As for the coupe, I will do it but as I'm rather busy at present it's difficult to say exactly when.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds