Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
15 Feb 2005 15:36 #2855 by Bill Hummel
Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale was created by Bill Hummel
I was a little discouraged last September when ACD cars and Packards didn't seem to be commanding very high prices at the Kruse Auction.

Now I see some of the prices at the Scottsdale event and I am impressed. Is Scottsdale a better place to sell a car? Is it because of more money in that area, or is it the TV coverage? Or is it just cyclical? Maybe it's the way the cars are being promoted?

Anyone want to shed some light on this?

One of the things we will be doing at the Texas Meet in April, is to re-connect the General Public with ACD cars. Sure, the enthusiasts know how valuable they are, but I am constantly amazed when people ask me what kind of car my 810 Cabriolet is!

If you're straddling the fence with regard to attending the ACD Texas Meet, it's time to make a decision! We've got 25 cars committed and we're looking for 10 to 15 more. We need more L-29's and Duesenbergs. Even if you can't bring your car, we want you to attend. We have room for 40 more people.

If you haven't been to Auburn, we're borrowing some of their better ideas. Our goal is to be half as fun as they are. If we pull that off, you'll have a wonderful time.

Bring your car and lets show Dallas what we've got! We will have Magazine and TV coverage for this one ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.