Duesenberg J-587 Bohman & Schwartz "Throne Car&quot

More
05 Apr 2013 15:14 #24936 by Bicknell
Bicknell replied the topic:
A friend of mine sent me a photo of the car taken in a museum in The Netherlands about 6 months ago. I didn't save it, but if anyone would like me to recheck this i will. Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverghost
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
06 Apr 2013 05:14 #24941 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:
I sent Nancy some auction web links from the sale of the car out of the Texas O'Quinn estate collection auction.

Nancy also wanted to know if any Duesenberg owner with a "similar" Duesenberg car could drive around in order to have their "similar" car photographed for their documentary film.

I told her that there IS NO "Similar" looking model "J" Duesenberg Model "J" as Father Divine's 10 pasenger "Throne Car" was a true one-of-a-kind~~~~
The largest, longest, & widest Body, & longest Chassis on a Model "J" Duesenberg ever built~~~

I basically told her it was an Overgrown Beast !
Really an odd-ball, and not a real true representation of the really grand & sporty Model "J" Duesenbergs we all know, & go crazy over, today.

I also sent her six faded, & yellowed, color print scans of early 1970s file photos I scanned and turned into jpeg email format that my Father took of the car at the Woodmont Estate's carriage house when we first inspected it for another noted 70's collector at that early 1970s time period.

I believe Mother Divine was asking $30-$32K for the long stored, abused, & non running unrestored car at this time; as Dad had noted this price on the back of one of the 40+ year old prints!

WOW~~~~How prices have changed !!!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
06 Apr 2013 10:14 #24943 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Great thread on this monstrosity. But it still counts as a Duesenberg, and so is worthy of an article in our publication. As Chris noted, I am seeking good photos of the car to use with his text. Shots at all stages of its life welcomed. Email digital photos to <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]. At least 300 dpi, please. Send prints to my address on page 26 of the Newsletter. Members (and I) will thank you.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

More
06 Apr 2013 12:43 #24944 by alsancle
alsancle replied the topic:
Not my favorite Duesenberg but you have to appreciate something that is different.

• silverghost
More
06 Apr 2013 17:48 #24947 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:
Mother Divine, whome I met in the early 1970s, sadly appears to be in failing mental & physical health these days.
Father Divine's Peace Mission followers also appear to be getting very small in numbers as a group today~~~
Still there are some who still anxiously await his predicted return from the dead to this very day !

Many of the large once grand Hotels that once housed his many followers in the Phila. & NY areas have been sold, or long since abandoned.

There is great concern among many area residents that the fantastic Woodmont Mansion Estate may now be in jeopardy.
Several similar mansion estates have been bulldosed lately to make way for townhouses, Mcmansions, and other development.
Woodmont was once built & owned by a local Steel Barron~~~Allan Wood of Allan Wood Steel Co; who as also a US Congressman.
After Mr Wood's death Father Divine's followers bought the grand estate for he & his followers personal use as a weekend getaway.
Since Woodmont is considered a church it pays no real estate, town, nor school taxes; and town officals have sadly long had their eyes on the large tract of land so it can be put into high-end housing development in order to generate new local & county real estate taxes.
There sadly seems now to be few in the area with a preservation of Woodmont mindset.
The future of the fantastic grand Woodmont Mansion, pictured earlier in this forum thread, may soon be in serious jeopardy.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

More
06 Apr 2013 21:22 #24948 by DavidK
DavidK replied the topic: ACD
I think there is an story about this car in the 1980 ACD issues 4 & 5.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds