Skip to main content

Grand Father was Draftsman for Duesenberg, help me find info

• Phil Kirkman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Sep 2004 20:04 #2236 by Phil Kirkman
Replied by Phil Kirkman on topic Duesenberg SJ Roadster
Hi Chris, RandyEma,

I was interested to see in your post RandyEma that you have all the Duesenberg factory drawings, which sounds like an incredible resource. Do you have the facility to copy any of the drawings?

I'm a designer working in the uk and I came across a colour plate of a 1935 version of the Duesenberg SJ Roadster whilst looking for a project to improve my 3d rendering skills. I've also found some useful images over at supercars.net; what I'd like are some plan views, front, side etc.

The finished work may have commercial possibilities (i.e. selling the finished model/render) but at the moment it's just a portolio piece.

Hope you can help, thanks in advance

Phil Kirkman
Chorley, UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Holmes
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Sep 2004 03:11 #2230 by Chris Holmes
Replied by Chris Holmes on topic Drawings
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, this may be a good start. I found out from my Dad tonight that Jesse worked on the Model A and it was in NJ, not NY. From the history I've read this would put him there in the early 20's before they moved shop West to Indi I believe.

I'll call you as soon as I can

thanks

Chris

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
16 Sep 2004 00:55 #2229 by RandyEma
Soory 714 633 3883

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
16 Sep 2004 00:51 #2228 by RandyEma
Hello Chris. I have all the factory Duesenberg Drawing some 28,000 of them you are welcome to give me a call , and we will see what we can find on your grandfather Randy Ema

• Chris Holmes
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Sep 2004 02:43 #2221 by Chris Holmes
Hello everyone,

Not only do I love these cars, but my family has history with the company.
I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some help doing some research. My Grand Father Jesse J. Holmes (1897-1986) was a draftsman for the Duesenberg Brothers in the 1920's. I am looking for any memorobilia that Jesse may have been conected to. He worked in thier NY shop. Does anyone have a clue where I should start? Who I should talk to?

Thanks for your help in advance

Chris Holmes
Upstate NY