Another Labor Day week end at Auburn

• Bob Roller
  • Bob Roller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
05 Sep 2014 01:18 #28097 by Bob Roller
Bob Roller created the topic: Another Labor Day week end at Auburn
I didn't make it this year and probably won't again.Not one word on this Forum about it so I must assume it has gotten really stale.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• auburnandyscar
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
05 Sep 2014 02:48 #28098 by auburnandyscar
auburnandyscar replied the topic:
Hi Bob, I am not sure of how much " chit-chat" is allowed ( or encouraged) on this forum. But I can say a few things:
The weather could not have been any better! The forecast early in the week was calling for rain Friday and Saturday, which never materialized.a nice cool breeze all day Saturday made it nice both in town and at the auction. Crowds were good sized at both events.
Thursday seems to be VERY busy day now with the return of the Hoosier tour, (luncheon)Extravaganza at the museum(evening) " white event" at the masaleum (evening) and at least three parties/cookouts/get togethers that even a goon like myself was invited to.
Also the normal crowd at the Auburn hotel.
I managed to get my 12 chassis running and drove it to the museum and up town both Thursday and Friday.cooling troubles had me concerned so I decided against trying the parade.
I met quite a few people that I have conversed with ( phone and email) for the first time in person which was fun also.
I do wish more members would utilize this board also.
Andy

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

"PARK IN THE PLAZA"

More
05 Sep 2014 11:02 #28099 by landmark
landmark replied the topic: Re: Another Labor Day week end at Auburn

Bob Roller wrote: I didn't make it this year and probably won't again.Not one word on this Forum about it so I must assume it has gotten really stale.

Bob Roller

Hello Bob,

thre are some Auburn2014 photo-threads opened by "xin001" and "DJT" @Picture Gallery (b.t.w. thanks for sharing the pics)

http://forums.acdclub.org/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=18

Cheers

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
05 Sep 2014 12:43 #28100 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel replied the topic: AUBURN REUNION
Hi Bob,

Auburn was a big success! Most action is now happening on FACEBOOK. Be sure to LIKE the AUBURN-CORD-DUESENBERG Facebook page so that you can keep up to date.

We were posting images in REAL-TIME of the parade. The beauty of FACEBBOK is its immediacy.

I see these forums as becoming purely technical and historical while the social aspects of the club move over to Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ACDCLUB

• convertiblesforever
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
05 Sep 2014 16:14 #28101 by convertiblesforever
convertiblesforever replied the topic:
Thank you for mentioning Facebook. I just found the ACD site @ Facebook. Very nice. A new source of information and pictures. Appreciated!

• Bob Roller
  • Bob Roller's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Sep 2014 13:26 #28108 by Bob Roller
Bob Roller replied the topic: Auburn 2014
Andy,
I recall a fire truck here in Huntington WVa where we live that used a variant of the Auburn 12 and it took more water to cool it than it did to fight a fire..

Matt,
Many thanks for the link. My friend Helmut Mohr will be here next week from Mayen/Hausen and we will get together in Friendship,Indiana at the
National Muzzle Loading Rifle shoot.I have made him some fancy locks for the Scheibenbuchse he is making.

Bill,
Thanks for reminding me of Facebook,I do LITTLE with social media but did take a look.
When will there be another Year of the Duesenberg? That could get me out and up again.
The donation of Josh Malks Cord was a fine thing.My father owned a 1937 Cord and I have only a vague memory of it and of him. We had a neighbor
in Illinois that had a "J" and I do remember going to Wisconsin in it when I was a wee brat in the late 1930's and early 40's.
9-11 is upon us so stay alert and locked and loaded.All of you.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds