Skip to main content

Who Bought J357?

• Visitor
03 Jul 2016 01:53 #31333 by
Replied by on topic Re:

Mike Dube wrote: Who ever it is, they sure got a great car. Here's hoping they enjoy & maintain it the way the Melvin & Harry did.

Car is now in a newer collection in Florida. It's keeping company with several other nice ACD products. We recently spent several weeks sorting the car and fixing some issues due to poor workmanship from the last few years of owenership. It's now running strong and is very reliable. We put about four hundred miles on it in late June. It's a pure joy to drive. Look for it at a concours this summer, and with a bit of luck at Auburn in 2017 if the dates work out. Ed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2014 19:43 #27359 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Who Bought J357?
Who ever it is, they sure got a great car. Here's hoping they enjoy & maintain it the way the Melvin & Harry did.

Mike
8-100A

• Bob Roller
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
04 Apr 2014 11:26 #27339 by Bob Roller
Replied by Bob Roller on topic J357
60 years ago,Raydon Thompson and I put a clutch in this car for Melvin Clemens.That is still a very low mileage car and I drove it several times and it was a very pleasant car.I see that it sold for a couple of million if I'm not mistaken.Melvin told me he paid $1400 for it in 1944.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• jamesbartlett
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
04 Apr 2014 00:15 #27338 by jamesbartlett
Who Bought J357? was created by jamesbartlett
I understand that J357 sold to someone in Houston. Since I live there, I'd like to know who the fellow Duesy owner is. If anyone knows, you can send me a private email at <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Thanks.

'35 Auburn S/C Convert. Sedan
'32 Duesenberg D/C Phaeton