Skip to main content

photos of the J217 in green

• wizzells
  • Registered
More
04 Jan 2012 06:12 #21846 by wizzells
Replied by wizzells on topic photos of the J217 in green
Thanks for sharing these. I really enjoy the period pictures, especially of the Duesenbergs - they just seem to have a certain character that adds a certain something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2011 23:57 #21738 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic photos of the J217 in green
I'm not necessarily a big green fan but those colors look nice. thanks for posting them.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
26 Dec 2011 23:09 #21735 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic photos of the J217 in green
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting these pictures! Happy belated birthday to your grandfather. His car is presently in the LeMay museum in Washington State.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• phammel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Dec 2011 19:17 #21734 by phammel
photos of the J217 in green was created by phammel
Hi Duesy fans. I came across an older thread here searching for my Grandfather's Duesenbeg and its where abouts. I noticed there are no photos of the Duesenberg J217 in the original green trim on the internet. Went back to visit with my grandfather during 100th birthday celebration and grabbed a couple pics to scan. Here is an article about Durward's 100th b-day: triblocal.com/palos-heights/2011/08/03/t...dents-100th-birthday

He also had many more collectible cars in his museum including a Cord, Ford Model K, and a Stutz. More photos to come after I visit with him in couple weeks.

Both photos were taken at his museum, located in Markham, IL at the S.G. Hayes & Co.