Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions

• West Peterson
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
23 Jan 2012 17:13 #21992 by West Peterson
West Peterson replied the topic:

silverghost wrote:

Steve Derus wrote: The Duesenberg Murphy town car consigned to BJ appears to have a reserve.

If it car does indeed have a reserve ~~~That would be quite unusual for the B-J auction as for the last half dozen years, or so, ALL cars had to be consigned at B-J Scottsdale with NO reserve~~~or B-J would NOT accept the consignment.
With this No reserve policy B-J always wins as ALL cars sell. ~~~ While seller/consigners often loose their shirt on many of the B-J auction no reserve sales.

B-J press release announced a 99.69 percent sell-through rate for the entire week. This obviously includes every car bought back by its consigner... which, based on numbers I've heard in the past, could be as high as 40 percent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2012 22:24 #22314 by landmark
landmark replied the topic:

Chris Summers wrote: The problem is that these cars risk being overshadowed by the once-in-a-lifetime sales of a lot of other great iron at about the same time - a Pierce Silver Arrow at B-J, the Moretti Packards at Gooding, and...well, everything in the Milhous collection. If you are a collector of major 1930s iron - what Bob Roller describes as "everything worth being caught dead in" - and not totally ACD faithful, there's a lot of opportunities not to be missed.

RM is pushing the Milhouses' J-208 / 2223 as the Dolores Del Rio Car. I believe it was actually owned at one time by her husband, Cedric Gibbons, the award-winning stage designer who created the Oscar statuette, and I've never seen anything identifying him as the original owner or any indication that he owned it very long.

Hello,

RM published a salesprice of $ 990000 (incl. Buyers premium?) for J 208. The estimate was about $ 900000 - $ 1200000

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
26 Feb 2012 23:05 #22316 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Yes, that would be with commission. I watched the auction online and the car sold for $900,000 hammer.

That was a [i:16sahhhs]fun[/i:16sahhhs] auction to watch, with quite a few cars sold at eyepopping prices.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

More
27 Apr 2012 15:43 #22711 by landmark
landmark replied the topic:
Hello,

at the Houston Classic Auction, May 5th, there is a so called 1932 Duesenberg Model J LWB Custom Speedster under offer (without reserve).

In my eyes, the body-design is one of the ugliest, ever mounted on a Model J chassis :rolleyes:

http://www.worldwide-auctioneers.com/au ... D=70&id=44

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

More
27 Apr 2012 19:51 #22718 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic:

landmark wrote: Hello,

at the Houston Classic Auction, May 5th, there is a so called 1932 Duesenberg Model J LWB Custom Speedster under offer (without reserve).

In my eyes, the body-design is one of the ugliest, ever mounted on a Model J chassis :rolleyes:

http://www.worldwide-auctioneers.com/au ... D=70&id=44

Matt

Matt,

I couldn't agree more. The throne car isn't much to look at either, but at least the nose is traditional.

Mike
8-100A

More
03 May 2012 19:39 #22755 by janst
janst replied the topic:
Hello,
I must agree with Matt
Hopefully the new owner will right the wrongs of the former owner and finds an appropriate body for this Duesenberg.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds