Skip to main content

The 20 Grand II is heading for Auburn

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2011 20:19 #20744 by 20GrandII
Replied by 20GrandII on topic The 20 Grand II is heading for Auburn
Thanks much for the advice, Bob. I'm sure we'll have fun over that weekend and we'll always welcome comments of all kinds. Heck, I think we may even impress a few people because things are coming together very nicely and we are going to be proud to show it off..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Roller
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
14 Aug 2011 14:44 #20725 by Bob Roller
Replied by Bob Roller on topic 20 Grand 2
I wish I could be there but we won't make it this year.Seems as if my trips to Auburn are in 3 to 8 year increments. The 20 Grand is in my opinion one of the best looking sedans ever made by anyone,anywhere in any time frame. I am glad at least ONE represenation of it has been made.I am tired of replica Toursters,Murphy CC's and what not dual cowl phaetons with the exception of the Brunn Torpedo Phaeton which is the Twenty Grand with a collapsible top.
Have a good time and don't pay any attention to critics. They have more mouth than a mule has rear end and I doubt if any of them can take a spark plug out of a "J"without ruining the threads.
Thanks for the engine info.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
14 Aug 2011 14:21 #20724 by 20GrandII
Replied by 20GrandII on topic The 20 Grand II is heading for Auburn
Hey Bob, I am afraid I going to disappoint you there. The car had a 351W motor when we got it and it still does although Tuesday we will be receiving the polished supercharger which will put us around 320HP similar to the orginal SJ's. Hope you can see it in 3 weeks..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

• Bob Roller
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
14 Aug 2011 13:08 #20723 by Bob Roller
Replied by Bob Roller on topic 20 Grand 2
I hope that in keepng with the tradition of big American luxury cars that is has either a Lincoln 460 or a Cadillac 500 under the hood.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Aug 2011 17:32 #20711 by 20GrandII
The entire body was measured from the 1:24 scale Franklin Mint model and then blown up 24x. I can't even imagine the work involved in creating everything from scratch. Fortunately for us, the body was already formed and we just had to finish it and do the fun stuff..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
10 Aug 2011 15:28 #20709 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Interesting Project
The Twenty Grand II looks great. Is it a full-sized replica?

Although our club is focused on the preservation of original ACD cars, I always like seeing nicely-done replicas. They have the ability to capture the public's imagination as they are very drivable and feel more at home on the road than they do in a showroom.

If you get me a number of detailed photographs, I'll get the posted here. I look forward to seeing you and the car in Auburn!

Bill

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
10 Aug 2011 15:24 #20708 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic The 20 Grand II is heading for Auburn
Looking forward to seeing it Jeff.

Mike
8-100A

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Aug 2011 07:15 #20701 by 20GrandII
The 20 Grand II is heading for Auburn was created by 20GrandII
We're getting close. Check out www.1933twentygrand.com for updates on the project car we took over in April. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. We definitely learned a lot over these last few months and have enjoyed every step of the way..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687