Skip to main content

Duesenberg Drag Racing?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
24 Jul 2011 01:40 #20556 by
Replied by on topic Duesenberg Drag Racing?
Thanks, Bill, maybe I can make it up there for the Friday event...

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
23 Jul 2011 01:22 #20553 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic DDR
Hello Joe,

The Ab Jenkins Duesenberg Exhibition of Speed was a one-time event to celebrate the Year of the Duesenberg. Although it was a big hit with the club members, there is no club event planned this year. You can buy a DVD or Blu-Ray of the DDR on the club store: shop.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudwaysapps.com It's as good as anything you will see on Speed Channel or Discovery Channel.

However, there is an event called the Aviation and Autovation Fair being put on by the Noble County Visitors Bureau. It is Friday, September 2nd. The Fair takes place up at the same airport as last year and will be similar. It celebrates the technological achievements of automobile and aircrft companies of Indiana in the 30's.

They have extended an invitation to all ACD drivers, not just Duesenbergs, to race down their runway. You will see more information about this and other events in the area in the ACD Festival guide and in our club newsletter.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Jul 2011 21:37 #20512 by
Duesenberg Drag Racing? was created by
Hello,

I'm a new forum member with a question. After coming home from the ACD Festival last year, I saw some videos on the internet of some Duesenberg drag racing at a local airport. Is that happening again this year, and if so, any event information?

Thanks,
Joe