Where is this Rollston J limousine?

More
12 May 2019 01:14 - 13 May 2019 18:56 #37183 by jivanty
Replied by jivanty on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?

k8096 wrote: Yes, that's the car. I didn't know they called it a Prince of Wales sedan. There was one Rollston bodied 1933 DV-32 Stutz Prince of Wales sedan as well, but it didn't have the split windshield like the Duesenberg does, but it did have landau bars on the non folding rear quarter. The Stutz is currently on the West Coast somewhere Audacity Find My iPhone Origin , but used to be in Cleveland in totally original condition in the late 1950's. Does anyone know what this Duesenberg sold for back in 1995? I'm guessing between 300K & 400K.

The car had open fenders and all the early Duesenberg parts still on it & hadn't been modified at all. It was an original body/chassis/engine car - something you don't see with Model J's that much anymore. I don't know what it sold for, or who bought it. Does anyone know where it went or where it is now? It was a handsome car, but not "exotic" in apperance.
Last edit: 13 May 2019 18:56 by jivanty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 17:16 - 12 May 2019 17:16 #37184 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?
This is the Rollston Stutz sedan that I am most familiar with. I believe it is a 1932 and it's nomenclature is Hollywood. I could be wrong, though I believe the Prince of Wales cars I have seen in Stutz were Lebaron built.

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 May 2019 17:16 by johnmereness.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 May 2019 20:46 #37187 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?
Actioner said the car went to Europe. $450,500. including premium.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
17 May 2019 17:32 #37241 by jivanty
Replied by jivanty on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?

k8096 wrote: Yes, that's the car. I didn't know they called it a Prince of Wales sedan. There was one Rollston bodied 1933 DV-32 Stutz Prince of Wales sedan as well, but it didn't have the split windshield like the Duesenberg does, but it did have landau bars on the non folding rear quarter. The Stutz is currently on the West Coast somewhere, but used to be in Cleveland in totally original condition in the late 1950's. Does anyone know what this Duesenberg sold for back in 1995? I'm guessing between 300K & 400K.[/quote
something you don't see with Model J's that much anymore. I don't know what it sold for, or who bought it. Does anyone know where it went or where it is now? It was a handsome car, but not "exotic" in apperance. Somewhat of a "sleeper" car that may have been bought quite reasonably considering the other big money open Duesenbergs at the auction. The Kruse site lists several cars from that auction

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds