Skip to main content

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

• Kevin
  • Visitor
29 Apr 2006 15:18 #4775 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Hello Rocky,

While not an authority on Duesenbergs, I have talked to numerous people concerning them. Also by reviewing the factory parts book it is my understanding that Duesenberg came equiped as follows:

Delco Lovejoy Front RH P/N J-5852
Delco Lovejoy Front LH P/N J-5853
Delco Lovejoy Rear RH P/N J-5854
Delco Lovejoy Rear LH P/N J-5855

Also used on fronts when the Delco Shocks were not installed Duesenberg used a "Watson Stabilator" these are adjustable spring loaded canisters with straps attached to the front axles. I suspect some customers liked the idea of being able to adjust the tension of the stabilator.

I have also been told that on some factory supercharged cars, both Delco Shocks and Watson Stabilators were used up front. This may also apply to non supercharged cars, because I have seen one car with this configuration, but who knows, they could have been retrofit over the years.

If anyone can clarify my understanding on this subject, please let me know. Always trying to learn.

Kevin Marsh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rockyvoss
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
28 Apr 2006 20:14 #4771 by rockyvoss
FOOD FOR THOUGHT was created by rockyvoss
HEY GUYS, SLIM PICKENS ON DUESENBERG FORUM, I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. 1. WHILE LOOKING AT DUESENBERGS AT JERRY MOORE AND IMPERIAL PALACE COLLECTIONS,I NOTICED MANY OF THEM HAD NO SHOCK ABSORBERS, WHILE NOT A MECHANIC, I HAVE SEEN DUESENBERGS WITH SHOCKS AND THEY LOOK LIKE MODEL A FORD SHOCKS TO THE THIRD POWER, QUITE MASSIVE. SOME OF THEM HAD THE GABRIEL TYPE SNUBBERS AND NOTHING ELSE. GUY AT IMPERIAL PALACE (LOOKED A LOT LIKE JOHN GOTTI), HE ADVISED ME THAT THE DUESENBERG CO USED MANY DIFFERENT CONTRACTORS FOR SHOCKS.
2. THE TYRONE POWER CAR, (CANT FIND NO NOW) A CONVERTIBLE SEDAN, HAD HOLE ON RIGHT SIDE REAR TO STICK CRANK IN CRANK TOP UP AND DOWN. IM SURE THIS CAR WAS IN THE WHITT MUSEUM IN 60S IN SAN ANTONIO, I THINK IT WENT TO HARRAHS AND WAS AUCTIONED OFF . STRANGE THE WHITT MUSEUM SOLD THIS CAR OFF.
LOOKS LIKE MY ALLOTED SPACE IS ENDING, INTERESTED TO HEAR
ANY IDEAS ON THESE THOUGHTS
ROCKY VOSS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.