Skip to main content

1929 DUESENBERG CRASHES - KILLS THREE

• Clipper965
  • Visitor
18 Oct 2005 01:00 #3779 by Clipper965
What a horrible tragedy. I cannot put into words how I feel for the surviving children, not to mention the family's relatives and friends. Just goes to show how fragile life is. I have sent a donation to the Patton family fund. I think it would be a great idea if somebody with ties to the Pebble Beach Car Show pass on the idea of some kind of benefit for the surviving children. The whole Duesenberg family needs to pull for this.

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
PO BOX 222860
Carmel, CA 93922
(831) 622-1700
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• georgealbright
  • Registered
More
03 Aug 2005 15:40 #3462 by georgealbright
Replied by georgealbright on topic Donations for the Patton Family
Dear ACD Members:I hope everyone will consider sending a donation to one of the Patton Memorial Funds listed in one of the attached newspaper articles. NOBODYS family deserves this! God Bless, George Albright

George Albright Cell 352 843 1624

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
02 Aug 2005 20:24 #3459 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic 1929 DUESENBERG CRASHES - KILLS THREE
I am sure I speak for all as I extend deepest sympathies to the surviving family. What a terrible, terrible shame.

-Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

More
02 Aug 2005 19:51 #3457 by DJT
Replied by DJT on topic 1929 DUESENBERG CRASHES - KILLS THREE
My prayers are with the families.
The park this labor day, will be just a little quieter without the kids running and playing, the chattering from the owner and restorers telling stories about the restoration process. It's a great loss to the Automobile world, BUT an even GREATER loss to mankind. My prayers are with the families involved with the loss of life.
God Bless.
The Turner's

I posted this event on another forum I populate and everyone there passes their condolences onto the families involved.

One comment made on that site was about seat belts in these cars. They wondered if the value of the auto is hurt if seat belts are installed?

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
02 Aug 2005 17:39 #3455 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Duesenberg accident
I agree with Al and offer my sympathy to the family. It has made me firmly decide to install seat belts in my Cord before I put it back on the road this year.

Tom Georgeson

• AceCollins
  • Registered
More
02 Aug 2005 02:50 #3453 by AceCollins
Replied by AceCollins on topic 1929 DUESENBERG CRASHES - KILLS THREE
Life is so fragile. And as beautiful as a classic car is, there is nothing as beautiful as a human life. I cannot express my sadness for the remaining children.

1934 Auburn 652Y Four-Door Sedan
1936 Cord 810 Westchester

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2005 20:19 #3451 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic 1929 DUESENBERG CRASHES - KILLS THREE
I understand that the car is owned by Charles Letts of Bloomfield Hills. The gentlemen that was driving the car (Patton) and his father had just completed a three-and-half year restoration on the car and rumor (and just that, a rumor) the car was going to be shown a Pebble Beach in a couple of weeks and the Mr. Letts was on his way to California.

Much more importantly, the car can be repaired but not the loss of life. Makes you want to appreciate the old cars for what they are and how grand life is and that life is far more important then the cars we cherish.

Al

• acdclubadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More