Driving Auburn Speedster to Durango 2015

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
26 Aug 2015 02:18 #30146 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn Speedster to Durango 2015
Here is what the car looks like packed. A lot of stuff is hidden by the soft top. Mike has a box with his cleaning stuff. He usually uses the hotels wastebasket for his water. He carries car wash, finishing touch, a couple large towels and rags. He has two bags for tools and spare parts and carries a quart of oil. There is also a car cover and tonal as well as side curtains. These stay in the car. Our clothes bags and anything else acquired on the trip is fit over the spare and wherever it will fit. In the front on the floor is the fire extinguisher, and a 8 volt battery box to operate the Garmin. The second picture shows our clothing bags.

There were some nice junk yards on the way. How many of these can you identify.

Here is a unique mailbox we saw!

Couldn’t resist a picture of Huffman Farms….

This is just one of the three 1 lane bridges we crossed today!

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2015 04:10 #30147 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn Speedster to Durango 2015
Great pics but I wonder how you can post but most of us can't post pics. I have to use internet explorer to post pics now. Its so nice to see a speedster out of the back roads like you guys are doing. It harkins a better slower time we all like to recall.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
26 Aug 2015 04:59 #30149 by jhcarlady
This morning left Cameron, Missouri and travelled over 400 miles home. We stayed in the same town that we stayed on the way! It was cool today; we had our jackets on all day. There was a day it was cooler in Colorado, but not that warranted jackets all day. The top on the car has been down the whole trip. As we near home it’s familiar countryside and we don’t take as many photo’s. We talked with someone from New Mexico, who had traveled to the Midwest, she couldn’t believe the trees around here. She told of showing her friends pictures of trees, especially Oak trees with several other trees in back of them. LOL I guess that it’s something you take for granted.

I took pictures of cornfields in Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. Can you tell where they are taken?

Here's a bean field for good measure....

Illinois had lots and lots of windmills. There were hundreds of them in a couple of different areas. I can’t say they are beautiful, but they are incredible.

We traveled 1612 miles coming home, well over 4000 miles on this trip. One guy told us we wouldn’t have to buy bait to go fishing, we could just pick the bugs off the car and use them for bait!

Yes it’s a car show where ever you are. Most have never heard of an Auburn, let alone seen one. The first question we are usually asked is ”What is it?” We have heard a lot of “Wow, nice car” even though she is covered with bugs and dust.

Glad to be home at last! Just in time to give “Blackie” a good bath, get our clothes washed and repacked for the Hoosier tour!

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
26 Aug 2015 05:11 #30150 by jhcarlady
What I do to post multiple photos at once is this:
I upload my photos to my pictures on the computer. Then I choose which once I will post and upload them to a site called photo bucket. Once my pictures are loaded there, I open a word document, I write what I am going to post and copy & paste the URL address to my word document. When I have completed that, I copy & paste my word document to the ACD forum / post a reply.

I takes some time, and is not as easy as some sites where you can post your picture as an attachment. I tried once to post directly from my pictures as an attachment but was not successful. This works for multiple photos, however you want to be sure to preview before you post, as it is easy to post duplicates of the same photo if you do not check the numbers carefully.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Aug 2015 13:48 #30151 by
replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn Speedster to Durango 2015
Great documentation of your trip! Enjoyed the pictures and commentary!

More
03 Oct 2015 04:04 #30365 by TroySherk
TroySherk replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn Speedster to Durango 2015
You guys are kind of my heroes for undertaking a trip like that in such a gorgeous car. I dream of one day doing something like that. When my family would go on vacation when I was a kid, we'd take the biggest, most practical vehicle we had. I really like the idea of snubbing the whole idea of practicality for such a long trip. That said, it looks like the car handled it admirably!

And it looked great at Auburn and the Thunder Run! Here are a couple of photos:

Many more photos on my website: http://www.troysherkphotography.com/all-photographs

Photography Website: http://sherkphotography.com/
Facebook Photography Page: https://www.facebook.com/SherkPhotography

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds