Emergency Reserves

• balinwire
  • balinwire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
03 Jul 2004 21:50 #1903 by balinwire
balinwire created the topic: Emergency Reserves
When touring in your ACD car what are a few things you should have on you and in your trunk?

A few things for the pockets 1 Wallet 2 Comb 3 knife or combo tool 4 Watch 5

A few things for glove boxes 1 Registration 2 Coverage 3 Map 4 Compass 5 cell phone 6

A few things for the trunk 1 Spare 2 Jack 3 Wrenches 4 bedroll 5 ice chest 6 fire extinguisher 7

Help fill in the blanks with some item that is not listed. What has been of some use in your travels? < extra lug nuts, GPS,> whatever, thank you, God Bless America, Let Freedom Ring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
04 Jul 2004 01:27 #1905 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel replied the topic: Re: Emergency Reserves

balinwire wrote: When touring in your ACD car what are a few things you should have on you and in your trunk?

A few things for the pockets 1 Wallet 2 Comb 3 knife or combo tool 4 Watch 5

A few things for glove boxes 1 Registration 2 Coverage 3 Map 4 Compass 5 cell phone 6

A few things for the trunk 1 Spare 2 Jack 3 Wrenches 4 bedroll 5 ice chest 6 fire extinguisher 7

Help fill in the blanks with some item that is not listed. What has been of some use in your travels? < extra lug nuts, GPS,> whatever, thank you, God Bless America, Let Freedom Ring

5 AAA Card

6 Air Pressure Gauge

7 Tools

More
04 Jul 2004 03:31 #1908 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic:
Duct tape and baling wire!!

Mike
8-100A

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
13 Jul 2004 13:52 #1942 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Auburn/Cord Parts replied the topic:
The reason I seldom attend mini-meets with road tours is the fact there are usually one or more cars that are unprepared or unfit to be driven. I spend most of my time working on a car that shouldn't be there. I'm expected to have the parts and tools with me to fix anything. A busman's holiday, exactly. The best tool is a shakedown run following a thorough going over and fresh fluids in everything including the brake system. If the car is well prepared, all you need is a schedule of the event and a full tank of gas. I really believe that some guys enjoy tinkering with their car on tour or riding in the big truck, towing their car on the backup trailer. Hey guys, these cars are for driving, give them the opportunity to show what they are capable of!

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
13 Jul 2004 20:49 #1947 by K Clark
K Clark replied the topic: Driving Your Car
Yeah for the driving, I have a couple old cars that I drive quite regularly. I rarely ever take more than a screw driver and a pair of pliers. And of coarse the FIRE EXTINGUISHER . There is nothing like taking a leisurely cruise in a car that was built 40,50,60 or 70 plus years ago. Most of these cars were reasonably dependable when they were new. With the resourses we have today, there is no reason they can't be as depndable or even better than they were. There is no question, we make them better looking than they were. I stay off the highways, these cars weren't built for the super highways. It's a lot more fun to drive the secondary roads and feel like your back in the time frame of the car you are driving.
Ken Clark

• balinwire
  • balinwire's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Jul 2004 23:24 #1949 by balinwire
balinwire replied the topic: Luv is working on and driving old cars
I was in another club one time and I asked another member what would happen if I broke down on the run and he said,? I was on my own, they don?t stop for anybody?.

I asked the same question to an ACD member and the response was ?Don?t worry?. Very refreshing to know. They would help me get out no matter how late they would have to wait or work to rescue a member in distress.

I have all kind of emergency tools in my modern car <floor jack, flashlight, air tank> and even it could break, I heard an old-timer once say? If you can?t fix em, don?t drive em ?.

It's good to know when I am fifty miles from a filling station ingenuity will persevere. Anything at hand to correct the problem. Hopefully they will run perfectly but since these are manmade they could malfunction.

I never want to break down, but if I do I sure hope there is a cool stream and a shade tree near buy to work under.

Does anybody have any interesting breakdown stories. I remember hearing about a broken suspension bolt being changed on a busy bridge, ect. Share your adventures!

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds