Auburn on the road again

• mikespeed35
  • mikespeed35's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
30 Jul 2012 23:54 #23232 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 created the topic: Auburn on the road again
I am on the road again, solo this time. Joan and I have logged over 8000 miles on our old cars so far this summer and Joan has decided to take a well deserved break till Auburn. Thus, there will be no pictures as she is the expert in that area. I left home this morning and after a stop at the ACD Museum am spending the night near Cincinnati, OH. The temp. was in the low 90's. Since I wasn't trailering, there were no incidents, with the car is running fine. The roads were straight and flat untill I got into south eastern IN. were there was nice rolling hills, and the cooler part of the day. Tomorrow I hope to visit the shop that restored the Stevens Duryea Joan and I own and get some historical documents I think they have on the car. I am on my way to a tour in KY.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2012 13:34 #23233 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic:
Hi Mike,

Hope the trip remains uneventful as far as car problems. We'll miss Joan's imput tho.

Mike
8-100A

• mikespeed35
  • mikespeed35's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
01 Aug 2012 17:41 #23235 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
I arrived in Lexington Ky. yeasterday with no computor available last night. Had a short drive through Ky. horse country. The garnin did a good job of navagation. I am travaling on back roads but how many of you have crossed the Ohio river on a ferry? I did. That is the fifth ferry crossing for me this summer in a old car, also the least expensive at $5.
Last week end I attended the St. Johns Concourse in Plymouth MI. "formerly Meadowbrook" Saw several ACD friends there. If any of you get a chance to go next year be sure and do so. They treat the participants like royalty.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• auburn-kid
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
02 Aug 2012 22:30 #23238 by auburn-kid
auburn-kid replied the topic:
Travel safe Mike! Great to see you last weekend at St. John's.

We'll miss the pictures and Joan's narrative, but glad that you decided to hit the road again. The horse country of Kentucky is one of my favorite areas; and I want to travel via old car there some day myself.

Keep us posted!

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds